Multiple mature bucks, one bed!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

Multiple mature bucks, one bed!

Unread postby admiral04 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:29 pm

I know that several of the the "beasts" on here say once you find a good primary bed that it can often produce yr after yr. thought id see if you more experienced guys could post some pics of a bed that you have killed multiple mature bucks out of and pictures of each buck and maybe a little background story. Was each buck using the bed the exact same way(same conditions, same entry/exit trails, certain time of yr or crop)? Were you setup on the bed the same way? Were the kills consecutive yrs, if not how many yrs apart? If not consecutive was the bed abandoned in between or just didnt produce a shooter? Just thought this would be interesting.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Multiple mature bucks, one bed!

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:08 pm

ttt
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Multiple mature bucks, one bed!

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:19 pm

I have several primary bedding areas that have produced over and over for me. Most have multiple beds, and most of the time its hard to tell exactly which bed they came out of. But sometimes in some places I can, or there is only one bed.
If you remember the hunt for the Rome pond legend buck two seasons ago, I watched that buck rise from a bed 75 yards from me just prior to shooting it. A couple weeks later, when sign showed me another great buck was still using that bed, I hunted it again, and had a 140's class buck get out of the exact same bed, but veer off before he got to my position.
I have one bedding area that is about a 1/2 acre in size that has produced sightings of probably 50+ bucks bedding there over the last 15 years of hunting there a couple times a season.

The bed I crawled up on and shot the "obsession buck" in also had another huge buck bed there.

I could go on and on with examples.

For the most part, every bedding area is different. Some beds always have the staging a certain direction, some deer wander out in all directions based on food sources, but generally, you can expect repeated behavior.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”