Deer Extraction

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Deer Extraction

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:54 am

Chris Conroy wrote:I just started using a 6'2" fifteen yr old. The drags have gotten so much easier for me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

They don't make a better deer drag than that! :lol:

I thought about rounding up a few teenagers next time I put a marsh buck down. $20 each and less wear and tear on my already screwed up back. It would be money well spent! 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Chris Conroy
500 Club

Unread postby Chris Conroy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:05 am

Dewey wrote:
Chris Conroy wrote:I just started using a 6'2" fifteen yr old. The drags have gotten so much easier for me.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

They don't make a better deer drag than that! :lol:

I thought about rounding up a few teenagers next time I put a marsh buck down. $20 each and less wear and tear on my already screwed up back. It would be money well spent! 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

$20?? Maybe I can loan him out and make some side cash to buy more hunting stuff!
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:50 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:
Bigb wrote:We use a deer cart if we don't have a 4 wheeler with us. Problem is the deer cart we have is made for someone 6'2" and shorter. Talk about a hurting back when your done. My buddy and I are both 6' 7" and its almost tougher to cart them out then to pull them! I'll be in the market for a deer cart this year that might be usable for the taller folk!

I'm also thinking about placing about 4 - 7 foot logs around the property. I'm usually hunting with my buddy so if we do get one and don't have a way to get it out we can grab the closest cut log/branch and with a little rope we can carry it out with its legs attached to the log or tie it up by the antlers or head and drag it out. I've learned over the years that dragging a deer out by the leg or antlers has to be the hardest way to do it!

Holy smokes, your a bid dude Bigb! I have tried carrying them out legs tied to a pole and it was a pain in the behind. The deer swings side to side and makes it hard to walk.

Yep Deerslayer, we are a little bit taller than most! It makes stand shopping a little tougher since we need bigger foot platforms. Plus, we tend to stick out a bit more in trees. We really try and concentrate on some of the bigger oaks that we can find.

Sticks for the info about carrying a deer out like that. I can see how it would bounce back and forth. I think we may have to try a sled this year or just upgrade to a new cart. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”