Ruining Buck Beds Hunting Other Things

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Clevinger

Ruining Buck Beds Hunting Other Things

Unread postby Clevinger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:44 pm

I have the buck beds on the property I hunt figured out. However, I am currently trying to learn to hunt coyotes. This time of year, with bucks probably bedding different places, am I safe moving through their fall bedding areas in pursuit of predators?

One of the set ups I want for coyotes is damn close to where a buck beds.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Ruining Buck Beds Hunting Other Things

Unread postby dan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:34 pm

Clevinger wrote:I have the buck beds on the property I hunt figured out. However, I am currently trying to learn to hunt coyotes. This time of year, with bucks probably bedding different places, am I safe moving through their fall bedding areas in pursuit of predators?

One of the set ups I want for coyotes is damn close to where a buck beds.

Are the bucks bedding there now? If so, yes your doing damage if you kicking the deer out of them... I try to avoid the buck bedding areas as much as possible when out doing other things. But, you have to decide for yourself if the coyotes are more important.

It won't stop bucks from bedding there. But, I believe every intrusion is damaging when the bucks are using the bedding areas

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”