100 acres rent by the week

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

trdtnlbwhntr

100 acres rent by the week

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:57 am

Just dipping my toes in the water here. If a person had 100 acres with food plots in place and controlled the surrounding acreage on 3 of the four sides. Self guided land or guided what would the average rate be for a person to rent this farm per week of the season. Expecting that as we neared the rut and the gun season the price increased. Would anyone be interested in that? What could one expect per week on average?

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: 100 acres rent by the week

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:36 am

I would expect an extremely overhunted piece of land. I wouldn't pay a dime to hunt it.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:41 am

If I were looking to rent/lease land I would not be interested in doing it by the week because the constant pressure from lots of different people would likely ruin the hunting for mature bucks. The right property might still be worth hunting. Just my two cents.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:43 am

magicman54494 wrote:I would expect an extremely overhunted piece of land. I wouldn't pay a dime to hunt it.

Thinking the same thing, give a guy a week and he will pound that land and burn it out for future hunts. The more week long hunts the worse it gets.
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am

what if we bumped it up to 400 acres and kept a constant rotation during the week?
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm

I don't know about 100 or 400 acres. I know that the outfitter that books hunts next to one of the properties I hunt has 1100 acres. 4-6 guys hunt it for nine days and he gets $2,000.00 per person.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 pm

A
magicman54494 wrote:I would expect an extremely overhunted piece of land. I wouldn't pay a dime to hunt it.

X2!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

If I was going to lease I would probably prefer to lease for the whole year, a week at a time I would not do.

If there was a cabin maybe you could rent the cabin on a weekly basis at a slightly increased rate and give them permission to hunt the acerage...........especially if there is sufficient public land in the area as well.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:11 pm

I don't think you would have a hard time filling spots... Just the wrong crown at this site. Most these guys are do it yourselfers, public land guys, and realists.
Most hunters want instant success and don't want to work for it... Adds in newspapers in major cities of different states would likely attract clients.
I used to guide hunters on public land here in Wisconsin and had no problem filling all my spots. I even turned people away.
It will put a ton of pressure on that land though, and if your using it for your own hunting its going to hurt your success, and if you are successful, and your clients are not... They ain't going to be happy.
Dealing with "paid" hunters can really suck... There are reasons I got out of it... When they show up drunk, or break laws, or shoot the land owner or his neighbors dog and you loose your lease, you will probably regret it.
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:02 am

dan I will email you later today to pick your brain a little bit. Thanks for the info.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 am

trdtnlbwhntr wrote:dan I will email you later today to pick your brain a little bit. Thanks for the info.

ok

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”