"Beast style" negativity

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Re: "Beast style" negativity

Unread postby Badger » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:29 pm

I just don't bother talking about hunting anymore with anyone other than a couple friends but they still think I'm crazy. Most hunters can't even grasp the idea of putting a stand on their back much less anything more unconventional than that. People watch too much TV.

Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Trying to convince someone to use Beast tactics is basically the equivalent to trying to convince someone to change religions.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 am

CountryJoe wrote:Trying to convince someone to use Beast tactics is basically the equivalent to trying to convince someone to change religions.

open minded people who can think for themselves, but still understand they can learn a thing or two, will always make the best hunters
grangger

Unread postby grangger » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:13 am

This site along with Dan's DVD's and Brad Herndon's book are the reasons i have venison in my freezer.
Country
500 Club

Unread postby Country » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:24 am

dan wrote:
CountryJoe wrote:Trying to convince someone to use Beast tactics is basically the equivalent to trying to convince someone to change religions.

open minded people who can think for themselves, but still understand they can learn a thing or two, will always make the best hunters

I like that statement. One of my best hunting buddies who already has his fair share of giants on his wall is very intrigued by Beast tactics. You might think he'd be happy doing what he's been doing all this time, but he IS very open minded and wants to become an even better hunter. I respect that a lot.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:54 am

Lot's of open minded guys here and it's great when somebody is willing to learn something new even though they are already succesful. There have been some doubters here and it has been really fun to watch their transformation to believers after giving this stuff a chance. 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Jay

Unread postby Jay » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 am

If you are fine with going out year after year and taking that typical 2 or 3 year old 8 point buck that's ok. I was tired of doing that, so I decided some things had to change. If you keep doing the same things over and over you will keep getting the same results. You have to be honest with yourself and start to make some changes. And like most have said you can't just up and change everything completely. Spysar said you have to blend those new techniques with a little bit of what you already have. It can be small changes like getting within a couple hundred yards from a buck bed in hill country to not even hunting until those bucks show up in daylight on a trail cam. You just have to make changes and be honest enough with yourself to know you need to.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:34 am

I stepped over my boot yesterday in the marsh.
One foot was pretty wet.
25° so I left just before sunset.

Got to the car and the duck hunters were packin up.......they never seen a deer hunter come out of the marsh before.....talked for a while....I told them I was new to it and did not know any better..... :lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Grunt

Unread postby Grunt » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:57 am

My family and hunting buds ask me where they should go now. They think I have some secret mojo in my pocket.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:59 am

Zap wrote:I stepped over my boot yesterday in the marsh.
One foot was pretty wet.

Got to the car and the duck hunters were packin up.......they never seen a deer hunter come out of the marsh before.....talked for a while....I told them I was new to it and did not know any better..... :lol:

A new marsh hunter is born! 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
dbltmn

Unread postby dbltmn » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Though I have not yet killed a buck "beast style" yet I will say this:

The most important thing I appreciate so far is that everyone who spends time here IS willing to share and help others who are interested in becoming a better hunter. You cant help those who don't want to be helped.

I have been a pitiful hunter for many years. I have yearned for somewhere to find guidance from someone who didn't want to sell me a new product, rather teach me more about deer behavior and how to become a better hunter. The simple fact that you guys share your methods with others is truly appreciated by myself. Guys who fish can be the same way, not sharing their secrets. But fishing also requires hard work and patience and failure for people who really want do more than soak a bobber and drink beer.

I have learned more from this site about deer in 2 years than I learned in 28 years of hunting "blind". And to show for it I have killed my first archery doe and buck THIS year. Also I killed my first, early morning gun buck yesterday, amd a doe in the afternoon (first double header day). Now I did not exactly do it beast style, but I learned to put myself in a better position for the time of year, have more patience, and was blessed with a little luck. OHH I killed all 4 of these deer from my Brand new Alpha n sticks in places I would have never been able to hunt prior to that fantastic purchase.

I share the sentiment that I am 41 and feel my best years of hunting are still to come. Thanks fellow beast members =)
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:34 am

Zap wrote:I stepped over my boot yesterday in the marsh.
One foot was pretty wet.

Got to the car and the duck hunters were packin up.......they never seen a deer hunter come out of the marsh before.....talked for a while....I told them I was new to it and[glow=red]did not know any better[/glow]..... :lol:

didn't know any better................ :lol: :lol: :lol:
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:32 am

“Farmer (insert HB member), went out to sow his (real buck killing tactics). As he was scattering the (real buck killing tactics), some fell along the path (the blank-stare-when-you-tell-them guys), and the birds came and ate it up. Some (real buck killing tactics) fell on rocky places (once a year hunters), where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other (real buck killing tactics) fell among thorns (nay-sayers and those unwilling to learn), which grew up and choked the plants. Still other (real buck killing tactics) fell on good soil (the learners, those who really want to kill more bucks) where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown. Whoever has ears, let them hear.”

It doesn't matter so much if you're a 30, 60, or 100-fold crop guy, if you are cultivating good soil. And that's you're own definition anyway. However, you can cultivate good soil and keep asking yourself what am I going to do with this information?

That's a question for me.

I know what I've been doing with the real big woods tactics (Hal Blood and Benoits) and the real buck calling (Fiduccia) tactics. But what am I going to do with these bedded buck killing tactics? Am I going to tell myself "I'll just blend it together and be a better hunter." [glow=red]In my case that would be a total cop-out.[/glow] I can blend in hill country tactics up in Ontario. And I can learn general buck behavior ... But am I going to crawl up a tree 75 yards from a bedded buck and double lung him when he walks over? I need to get my head on straight. Maybe finding some good beds this spring will help me answer that question.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:16 am

There are plenty of people out there that drive a car, but don't know, or want to know how to change a tire or the oil... Hardcore advanced tactics are not for everyone.
bigwoodsmn

Unread postby bigwoodsmn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am

I'm very fortunate to have found the site. I had written off Sept/Oct until I watched Marsh Bucks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”