"Beast style" negativity

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wlog
500 Club

Re: "Beast style" negativity

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:49 am

There seems to be a few different groups of people. You have the people who's egos won't let them except advice from another person. You have the non believers, the "I bet they shot that with a spotlight" guys. You have the "it's too much work, you're nuts, there's no way you can tell where a deers going to bed" guys. So on and so on.
Therefore I quit worrying about it. If somebody asks me for advice I help them out as much as I possibly can. Otherwise I just say "cool, I hope you get him" when they come show me pictures of the buck.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:04 am

I shared this site with my buddy and now we are both active on here. It's been awesome to break down, scout, and hunt together "beast style"! I'll be just as/or more excited if he gets a buck than if I do. We share info back and forth, and we are both 100% bought into this tactic. We don't care who hunts where we just love sharing the journey. In fact, we're texting back and forth right now strategizing our next move! :lol:

On the other hand, I've been slowly trying to get my dad bought into this, but I see I have some very old habits to break - like hunting rub lines/bucks don't move till Nov./stay out of bedding areas, etc. He's coming around more, but I need to get some big bucks under my belt for him to be truly bought in. He's definitely not against it, but I don't think he's comfortable with it yet.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:12 am

Net Guy wrote:I shared this site with my buddy and now we are both active on here. It's been awesome to break down, scout, and hunt together "beast style"! I'll be just as/or more excited if he gets a buck than if I do. We share info back and forth, and we are both 100% bought into this tactic. We don't care who hunts where we just love sharing the journey. In fact, we're texting back and forth right now strategizing our next move! :lol:

On the other hand, I've been slowly trying to get my dad bought into this, but I see I have some very old habits to break - like hunting rub lines/bucks don't move till Nov./stay out of bedding areas, etc. He's coming around more, but I need to get some big bucks under my belt for him to be truly bought in. He's definitely not against it, but I don't think he's comfortable with it yet.

U deff got the right idea! 2 heads are always better than 1 to bounce ideas around, plus it keeps your eye on the prize when u feel like hitting snooze on those frigid mornings. Push each other to be your best and friendly competition is always fun. Good luck to both of ya this season!
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:58 am

Some guys are just jealous of Dan's barn wall and some just "hunt" for fun...I know both my brothers think I'm nuts...could care less about buck beds. I know neither would risk getting wet feet when its cold in Nov. :lol:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:51 am

Guy at work told me today that is makes him made that I scout all over the place but he said it in not such nice words.. But also said he doesn't understand why a guy can't just hunt one 40 acre woods all the time.. kind of mind boggling to me that there are guys out there that feel it's ok to pressure a 40 like that all year then yeal at someone for wanting as many spots as he can get :?
bowmike
500 Club

Unread postby bowmike » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:11 pm

All I can say is that the tactics straight up work. The explanation of the thermal tunnel was the biggest lightbulb ever to me and changed the way I hunt. A fellow member and fly fishing friend first hit me up and mentioned this site and the basic principals. I was a new dad and was tying flies to pay the bills that my wife couldn't because she was on maternity leave. That stuff is a gimmick and I don't have the 10 bucks to buy a DVD. I told him. He bought the hill country bucks DVD for me. I gave it a chance and the first hint I followed the wind/ leeward side of the mountain deal I saw 4 bucks and shot one. Now it wasn't a big buck but since I had a 4 month old at home time was tight and we needed the meat. So I instantly was hooked.

Now I can't get out much to find beds and go full beast mode but understanding topos and winds is so huge it's not even funny. I only shared this tactic with one good friend and his uncle. My friend and I pick apart topos, share our findings and all of that. His uncle now refers to the hill country DVD as the Bible. Lol he has a piece of private hill country and now harvests more bucks than ever.

I admit, at first I was 100% skeptical but now am a huge believer. I don't share the beast with others that hunt the same area as I but anyone that I help understand it and they buy the DVD has success. If anyone talks negative on it I just laugh because I know if you can put some thought into learning topos and understanding the leeward side deal you will see more and better deer than ever.
NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”