"Beast style" negativity

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

"Beast style" negativity

Unread postby admiral04 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 am

Anytime i have mentioned this site and the tactics used in it or talked about trying to learn them to friends/ fellow hunters i get laughed at, however, i feel that the members of the beast who have dedicated themselves to huntin this way have walls to prove it works. Does anyone else get negatives vibes from fellow hunters? I often hear " that stuff doesnt work around here" or "theres no big bucks around here" or " theres too much pressure here for that to work" but i feel like these guys arent serious, are lazy or just close minded. In my opinion alot of guys on this site have earned bragging rights and theres a reason. Afterall, a deer is a deer reguardless of what state it lives in. Just curious if anyone can relate and your thoughts on this.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

headgear
500 Club

Re: "Beast style" negativity

Unread postby headgear » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:07 am

This seems pretty common to me. There are hunters who see the light and "get it" and there are those that just don't want to learn or try to be a better hunter. I have watched marsh bucks with a few friends and family, most of them fall asleep. The ones who do understand are blown away by the tactics and hit the woods hard. You can't help those who choose not to be helped.
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 am

headgear wrote:This seems pretty common to me. There are hunters who see the light and "get it" and there are those that just don't want to learn or try to be a better hunter. I have watched marsh bucks with a few friends and family, most of them fall asleep. The ones who do understand are blown away by the tactics and hit the woods hard. You can't help those who choose not to be helped.

Well said. Agree.
xpauliber
500 Club

Unread postby xpauliber » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 am

headgear wrote:This seems pretty common to me. There are hunters who see the light and "get it" and there are those that just don't want to learn or try to be a better hunter. I have watched marsh bucks with a few friends and family, most of them fall asleep. The ones who do understand are blown away by the tactics and hit the woods hard. You can't help those who choose not to be helped.

This is exactly my experience as well. I was so excited to share this with some people and they just didn't get it. These are the same guys however that don't "waste their time" hunting in October and only wait until November to "get serious" haha
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 am

Beast style hunting is basically Dan style hunting. Dan has proven his techniques many times. They work. I'm gonna say not all deer areas are created equal, and "Beast" style is gonna work better in some areas than others. There are things you have to take from beast style hunting, and mesh them with your own style hunting. Nothing beats your own observations.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 am

it all comes down to putting in the work, lazy hunters dont get it.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 am

I agree 100%. I'm lucky to live in Iowa, and I am hunting pressured deer like anywhere. I am just forced to use other hunting pressure to my advantage by hunting where they are not. Field edge hunters around here, even the guys who claim to be serious bowhunters.
admiral04

Unread postby admiral04 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 am

xpauliber wrote:

This is exactly my experience as well. I was so excited to share this with some people and they just didn't get it. These are the same guys however that don't "waste their time" hunting in October and only wait until November to "get serious" haha
x2

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:58 am

My buddies tell me that I move around too much. That I need to hunt in one spot. Or the tradional cycle of hang ons. Granted they have killed some nice bucks but they hunt there little private land, bait to keep does around, then hope to get lucky durring rut. To me that crap is boring. I like the challenge and adventure in mobile hunting. Nothing like setting up on the big buck and he has no clue your there!
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:01 am

I have learned more from this site beyond just the mobile hunting aspect. There are so many tips and techniques from the average to great hunters. Let those people hunt how they want!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:04 am

whitetail007 wrote:it all comes down to putting in the work, lazy hunters dont get it.

That is exactly right. I gave up long ago on trying to convince people like that. These are the same people that question how it can be possible that I see so many nice bucks in the same areas they hunt while all they see are little bucks.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:25 am

Spysar wrote:Beast style hunting is basically Dan style hunting. Dan has proven his techniques many times. They work. I'm gonna say not all deer areas are created equal, and "Beast" style is gonna work better in some areas than others. There are things you have to take from beast style hunting, and mesh them with your own style hunting. Nothing beats your own observations.

Meshing other successful hunters techniques with your style/preference of hunting is very important IMO. More than one way to skin a cat, and any reasonably intelligent hunter who wants to improve should always be willing to learn from other successful hunters.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 am

Sweet Shot 7 wrote:My buddies tell me that I move around too much. That I need to hunt in one spot. Or the tradional cycle of hang ons. Granted they have killed some nice bucks but they hunt there little private land, bait to keep does around, then hope to get lucky durring rut. To me that crap is boring. I like the challenge and adventure in mobile hunting. Nothing like setting up on the big buck and he has no clue your there!

X2!! Well said....

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 am

Spysar wrote:Beast style hunting is basically Dan style hunting. Dan has proven his techniques many times. They work. I'm gonna say not all deer areas are created equal, and "Beast" style is gonna work better in some areas than others. There are things you have to take from beast style hunting, and mesh them with your own style hunting. Nothing beats your own observations.

Agreed 100%. Beast style has a ton of merit and many aspects are proven and widely transferable across hunting situations. But, in the end, you need to mesh it with the other things that make you successful.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Stump

Unread postby Stump » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 am

Anyone who thinks outside the box, anyone who wants to know the ins and outs of trying to pattern deer and WANTS to really dig into why a deer was in a specific spot at specific times......are those who most likely will be more successful than others. The ones that see a deer and rather than say, hey cool....a deer, they think about how that deer got there, why are they traveling that route and where are they going. They tend to be the guys that are more successful. My Style, His Style, Beast Style.....it's all just a name.

Though I will say that I believe that those who bounce around non-stop could probably hurt themselves to a small degree. If you've spent time scouting an area and believe it to be good(that's why you went there in the 1st place) and you hunt a day...don't see anything and bail....What have you learned? Point being, last year I had a spot on a place that I hunted that I knew I wanted to hunt, but based on terrain I didn't know exactly where. Even though I didn't feel confident about the spot I picked in actually killing a deer, it was a great vantage point spot that I could see a good way around. I spent 2 full day sits there and what I learned was invaluable and I WILL be on the deer this year. Now if I were an over anxious run 'n gun guy, I would've been gone and that area would've been an after thought. Someone can effectively hunt core areas often within a season without over hunting them if you do things right.

My opinion.....

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”