Waiting For A Mount

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

hammered 16

Re: Waiting For A Mount

Unread postby hammered 16 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 am

about 12-14 months the longest we had to wait was almost 2 years

Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:47 am

I get mine back quick. First I drop off the capes, and he prepares them. When he's ready to do the mount, he calls me and I bring the racks down. About a month later I pick them up. I bring him a good amount of buisness from myself and friends. Plus I give him capes I'm not using sometimes. I guess I"m kind of a prefered customer, :mrgreen: .

If your waiting more than a year, get a new taxidermist.

I'd say 8 months to a year is a normal wait.

Nothing worse than "rack seperation anxiety". 8-)
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Bigb
500 Club

Unread postby Bigb » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 pm

I have one guy who does it as a second job and does about 75 a year and gets them turned around in 6 months. For $300 he does pretty good work and quick turnaround time. It doesn't have the amazing detail in neck muscles but still very good work for the price. Problem is its 2 hours from where I live.

I have another one at a new taxi now that he is tellingme 12 months. I've seen a lot of his deer (and turkey) and his deer are simply awesome. The detail is amazing. They cost about $550 but with the detail that goes into them it is well worth it. I can't wait to get mone back. 8 months to go.....
mibowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mibowhunter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:15 pm

About 12 months here... but i always pick up my rack and hold on to that until the very end, when he is ready to attach it. So it's not too bad.
Darin
500 Club

Unread postby Darin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:22 pm

hammered 16 wrote:about 12-14 months the longest we had to wait was almost 2 years

That would be a long 2 years!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”