Dan's New Farm Country DVD Ideas

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

exojam

Re: Dan's New Farm Country DVD Ideas

Unread postby exojam » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:14 am

How about some hunting from the ground? Some of us cannot make it up the trees and seeing some ground hunting would be nice.

Either way, I will be buying it went it hits the streets.

James

headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 am

I'm hoping there might be a few nuggets for us public land guys. I know I have spent a good amouth of time finding some of those smaller hard to get to patches of ground that are surrounded by private land. No doubt that could apply to a farmland situation.

I like exo's hunting from the ground idea too!
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 am

Edcyclopedia wrote:I think a great scene would be taking an Average Joe (in this case I would like to call him Ed)...

So take an Average Ed and bring him through the ropes and video him killing a 130" buck!

Another great hunt would be traveling to a not so successful (high deer density area), let's say New Hampshire,
and prove to the general public that you are in fact a mature buck hunter under ANY circumstances ;)
Could also be a Bear Hunt or a Moose hunt (if you draw a tag for the Moose).

What ya say Gingersnap? :mrgreen:
At the very least I can promise you good food, great scenery and a lot of laughs...

I think Dan might be a little crazy, but New Hampshire? No one is quite that crazy :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
huntinsonovagun

Unread postby huntinsonovagun » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 pm

I really like seeing actual examples- whether the buck got killed or not.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:29 pm

What to look for in aerials and topos to spot potential buck beds along creek and rivers.
djw195

Unread postby djw195 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am

^ to add to that, stand placement in a particular scenario (or at least ideal with regard to what info the map in relaying)
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 am

Id like to see how this method can be used for an entire season on small parcels of land. Here in Indiana we have very few large continuous farms. How do you hunt bedding areas and not burn your farm the first weekend of the season? Can you "water" down this tactic to maintain a year round approach to killing mature bucks instead of limiting your farm to 1 or 2 hunts and possibly making a mature buck bed on the neighbors property?
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:01 am

trdtnlbwhntr wrote:Id like to see how this method can be used for an entire season on small parcels of land. Here in Indiana we have very few large continuous farms. How do you hunt bedding areas and not burn your farm the first weekend of the season? Can you "water" down this tactic to maintain a year round approach to killing mature bucks instead of limiting your farm to 1 or 2 hunts and possibly making a mature buck bed on the neighbors property?

Very interested in this as well. With limited access and small wood lots, it is easy to burn out a spot. I love hunting and being in the woods as much as possible, so it becomes a balance between doing what I love and not sabotaging my success.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”