Map for late season buck...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

Map for late season buck...

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:16 am

I normally don't scout through the woods much, but I stumbled on small watering hole the other day while glassing the parallel field. It's no larger than 15yds across and wide, I took a quick look around the hole and there are several nice rubs lots of tracks. I know above it, there is bedding (i've bumped out before). My question is what is a good route to take? I've taken the clear cut road before, to the south, but there are doe beds there as well and I ALWAYS bump does out there if I walk in that area, so I try to avoid it. If you get near the edges of the field, in the morning anyways, I'll bump does out for sure. I haven't had much luck with evening sits near the First Set-Up stand, just some does browsing on acorns. Any suggestions on days to hunt with wind? Should I hunt it with a S wind and get on the N side of the bedding area?? I try to stay out of the area, but it's late season with only 2 or 3 hunts left.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Map for late season buck...

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:51 am

I would hunt it on a S.W. wind. I would set up near the last 5 in the spot marked 505...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”