Treestand Companies: Is it worth it?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brandon
500 Club

Re: Treestand Companies: Is it worth it?

Unread postby Brandon » Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:56 am

Not to hijack... but has anyone heard of any 2013 new prodcuts for LW?

The SHOT show is going on right now and I know a lot of companies usually release at this event.

You can't kill em on the couch
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:02 am

Brandon wrote:Not to hijack... but has anyone heard of any 2013 new prodcuts for LW?

The SHOT show is going on right now and I know a lot of companies usually release at this event.

I think they are to busy fighting lawsuits to release new products.
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:25 am

Yes lone wolf is one of the top names in the tree stand industry. Undoubtedly the best tree stand on the market. But i would be surprised if their sales are even half of other big name brands who are focused more on production than quality. The majority of hunters hang a bunch of perm stands and big name manufacturers go after this sector. There is a small market for people who use lw for their true purpose and big name companies are not as interested in that small piece of the pie. I would not try to compete with lw in that market, they have the system perfected.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:56 am

solocam88 wrote:Yes lone wolf is one of the top names in the tree stand industry. Undoubtedly the best tree stand on the market. But i would be surprised if their sales are even half of other big name brands who are focused more on production than quality. The majority of hunters hang a bunch of perm stands and big name manufacturers go after this sector. There is a small market for people who use lw for their true purpose and big name companies are not as interested in that small piece of the pie. I would not try to compete with lw in that market, they have the system perfected.

Yep that's very true.. I won't reveal which company, but I have a friend that is 50% owner of one of these bigger companies that makes stands for the masses, and I know that their treestand sales a couple years ago were over 6 times the number that Dan mentioned LW was doing under Andrae.

Big box stores are where these companies make their money... When cabelas and bass pro place orders for thousands and thousands of stands at a time. Look through their catalogs and see which companies are taking up the most space...

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:21 am

Lone Wolf isn't hurting, and they have the best designs out there. Overall, there isn't much money in treestands. Lone Wolf has a nitch; and they are the only thing I will use. I have close to 30 of them and buy more every-year. For the guys who are serious and aren't older, or overweight too much; Lone Wolf are plenty comfortable! I don't complain about comfort when I have to spin 180 on a stand while lifting the seat, grabbing my bow, and trying not to alert the mature buck approaching. This is where Lone Wolf makes the cost difference not matter!!! Silent Partner....
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:06 am

solocam88 wrote:Yes lone wolf is one of the top names in the tree stand industry. Undoubtedly the best tree stand on the market. But i would be surprised if their sales are even half of other big name brands who are focused more on production than quality. The majority of hunters hang a bunch of perm stands and big name manufacturers go after this sector. There is a small market for people who use lw for their true purpose and big name companies are not as interested in that small piece of the pie. I would not try to compete with lw in that market, they have the system perfected.

Those guys buy 4 or 5 'insert cheap name here' stands for the price of 1 lone wolf. So I'd say in terms of $$ it evens out. Those companies have to sell 4 to 5 times the amount of stands to bring in the same income.

I'd say summit has to be head and shoulders above the rest though.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”