aging deer

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Schultzy
500 Club

Re: aging deer

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am

I really wonder Todd If anyone (deer biologist) really knows what there doing. I don't think they do. We send our bear teeth off every year and some of the age guesstimates I call them that we get back are very laughable. I think they do alright on maybe 50% of them. I once talked with a biologist who ages deer. He told me everyone In the room usually has a different answer. I've heard this from others also who know biologist.

Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:48 am

Schultzy wrote:I really wonder Todd If anyone (deer biologist) really knows what there doing. I don't think they do. We send our bear teeth off every year and some of the age guesstimates I call them that we get back are very laughable. I think they do alright on maybe 50% of them. I once talked with a biologist who ages deer. He told me everyone In the room usually has a different answer. I've heard this from others also who know biologist.

I agree with you Steve - This is in every walk of life unfortunately...
I believe 1/3 of the work force becomes a warm body scenario, meaning right place right time (due to growth spurts in companies) or the buddy system, etc...

How many of you want to have a Doctor operate on you that squeaked bye with a C+ average...?
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:03 am

Here is what appears to be some decent data for comparison...

http://www.oakridgeoutdoors.com/Trophy_Room.html
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”