moon guide input

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jelmore

moon guide input

Unread postby jelmore » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:02 pm

I got a j murray moonguide this fall. Several times i did see deer moving when it said B or hunt travel corridors.I noticed 3 or 4 times when it said C or that the deer would be in their bedding cover earlier and stay later i actually saw deer in the exact same 3 spots out feeding in fields,close to the road earlier in the evening and later in the morning at the same times. just seeing if any of you have any input on the moon and why these deer seemed to be doing the opposite of what i would expect from what the guide said.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: moon guide input

Unread postby dan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:07 pm

The guide is not telling you exact times every deer will move... Its telling you tendancys and when deer are "likely" to move... Some things like weather fronts, timing such as rut, early fall, and other things can have a much greater effect on deer than the moon phase. My observations lend some credibility to moon movements per jeffs guide, But I don't agree with all of his logic on "where" to hunt.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:08 pm

I'm doing a survey in the trail camera forum. I will have some results to post up when finished. I'm also going to do a survey on the bucks killed. It is taking some time to put together but should be interesting when complete.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jelmore

Unread postby jelmore » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 pm

it was just weird how these deer were predictable on these "c" days. the exact opposite of what the guide recommended . i could of have been looking at the wrong days but i don't think so, any day i saw deer i double checked what the guide said.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:25 pm

I think like Dan said the chart & deer movement is not etched in stone.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 pm

I bought one along with the DVD...
I just threw mine away and won't be buying another next year (maybe it's not a New England thing ;) )
I also gave the DVD to a friend to bore him to death with :lol:

Saw more deer in previous years without the fancy chart, but gave ot a try and didn't work out for me.

Sounds like you saw some decent tendancies - to each to own I suppose... 8-)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”