Predator Camo

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SHoff10

Predator Camo

Unread postby SHoff10 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:33 am

Was wondering where you guys purchase your predator camo? I was looking into getting some this year for Christmas and was wondering where you got the best deals.

What is your favorite pattern?

“If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.” –Aristotle
Dewey

Re: Predator Camo

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:48 am

I order mine direct from Predator. http://www.predatorcamo.com/

Haven't found any prices much cheaper anywhere else except maybe Ebay but then you make it up in shipping prices by buying everything individualy.

As far as camo patterns I like Green Deception for early season and Brown Deception for later. I think any of the patterns are fine as they all do a great job breaking up your outline. I was amazed how deer looked right thru me this past season and never picked me out once in the tree which was a common occurance with my old camo. I never thought camo patterns could be so effective! I am very pleased with mine.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 am

I agree purchase directly from Predator. If you have a problem of any kind they are easy to deal with too.
I love Fall Gray for the areas I hunt. Really blends in nice.

I have been wanting some GD for early season and especially turkey season

[ Post made via Android ] Image
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:27 am

Predator fall grey from grey wolf woolens. Great quality that will last forever!

WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:01 am

Another vote for Fall gray from Gray Wolf Woolens. The stuff Predator sells just isn't that good of quality.

Another brand I'm looking at checking out is Kuiu camo. They have an open pattern, and some really - really nice camo. I'm going to be ordering some this spring to try myself; and I'm a predator geek!
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:29 am

WKPTodd wrote:Another vote for Fall gray from Gray Wolf Woolens. The stuff Predator sells just isn't that good of quality.

Another brand I'm looking at checking out is Kuiu camo. They have an open pattern, and some really - really nice camo. I'm going to be ordering some this spring to try myself; and I'm a predator geek!

Kuiu is amazing quality but they don't really target the whitetail/treestand hunter. I wish they would spend a little more time and energy on that category but I guess that is not their background.
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:11 pm

I think Predator is a good pattern and really brakes up your outline. Some of the areas that I hunt have popple trees and most of the patterns out there have a brown background and when your in a popple brown and white don't go together. As far as Kuou or what ever is called I don't know about them yet. I would go with Predator there fleece is really quiet.
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:26 pm

as far as grey wolf woolens. wolfskin or wool? what do people like.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:44 pm

Wolfskin

Goober

Unread postby Goober » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:11 pm

kurt wrote:as far as grey wolf woolens. wolfskin or wool? what do people like.

Depends. I have some of both. Wool is much more durable and warm. Wolfskin is great early season, as waterproof as anything else I have ever owned. But I beat up my wolfskin pants pretty bad in the brush this year. I don't see the Wolfskin lasting forever like good wool.
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Fall brown wool from grey wolf. Expensive short term but cheap long term.

"In the deed, the glory"
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Won't wear anything but Predator camo. Really been liking my fleece this year......super quiet, warm, and a pattern that deer simply cannot figure out.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:06 am

First season with Fall Gray Fleece suit...and wow o' wow have I been impressed.

Slippy Field on Archery Talk forum is a good guy to deal with and his prices were top notch - much better than ordering direct...Predator direct ships the stuff...he is just a small-time middle man who passes along some savings.

The FG pattern has been out fo this world effective. I've had two occassions where deer looked right through me, one on stand, and the other on the ground as I was standing against a hedge row. Both deer were within 10 yards. Sure, any pattern that breaks outlines can work. I'm not a particular brand junkie, but I was seriously impressed with the pattern - no doubt I plan to buy more of it as a result.

One thing I would LOVE to see happen is to see them make better face masks and gloves. The fleece face mask is OK, but not super well cut for bow hunting. Don't get me wrong, it works decently, but I've had better face masks for bowhunting.

Outside of that, I am sold on the pattern.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:44 am

Goober wrote:
kurt wrote:as far as grey wolf woolens. wolfskin or wool? what do people like.

Depends. I have some of both. Wool is much more durable and warm. Wolfskin is great early season, as waterproof as anything else I have ever owned. But I beat up my wolfskin pants pretty bad in the brush this year. I don't see the Wolfskin lasting forever like good wool.

Are the Wolfskin warmer though? Thanks.

James
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:39 am

Wool is warmer than wolfskin. As far as predator camo goes I've been wearing the fall brown or whatever it's called for years. It works very well in a treestand after the foliage is gone.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”