Just wondering

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dirt nap giver

Just wondering

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 am

Knowing that pixie dust in a bottle doesn't work to bring them in, has anyone ever tried putting it out in an area you don't want them to go in an attempt to kill em where you want them to go?
Kind of like stacking so to speak?
Don't know if that makes sense to anyone else.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
backstraps

Re: Just wondering

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 am

LOL I actually thought of that this summer. I thought knowing my luck I would have some tainted pixie dust that actually drew them away from my stand site!

I have tried a lot of things to keep deer from using a certain area and putting them closer to a travel route or etc I want them to use.... and as nasty as it may sound....go to your barber shop and get you a couple bags of hair clippings. Take them where you want and spread the hair around. (rubber gloves for me)
Not sure how long it worked after a rainfall or two...but I did notice it changed the deers travel patterns :)
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:58 am

just thought of...there is also a certain type of fertilizer you can use that reeks havok on a deers nose, and the deer wont come near it. I cannot remember the name of it though
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:20 am

dirt nap giver wrote:Knowing that pixie dust in a bottle doesn't work to bring them in, has anyone ever tried putting it out in an area you don't want them to go in an attempt to kill em where you want them to go?

Not working and totally spooking them is two different things...
I would say that your human scent in an area is going to do far more damage than deer scent in a bottle.
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:17 am

dan wrote:
dirt nap giver wrote:Knowing that pixie dust in a bottle doesn't work to bring them in, has anyone ever tried putting it out in an area you don't want them to go in an attempt to kill em where you want them to go?

Not working and totally spooking them is two different things...
I would say that your human scent in an area is going to do far more damage than deer scent in a bottle.

I was think more along the lines of corridors. You don't think that putting pixie lets say 4-500 yards up wind of you would have the deer adjusting like they do when someone sits in the same spot repeatedly.
Sorry, your post isn't quite sinking in

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 am

I am saying that if you are referring to deer attractant scents as pixie dust as I think you are... It may spook some deer, but for the most part they ignore it

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”