For what it's worth

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dirt nap giver

For what it's worth

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 am

A budy and I have layed some serious miles over the last week and have gone deep into the swamps, thickets and marshes and jumped nothing. Last night I decided to use my old trick of hunting by the road and saw 8 does 45 minutes before dark.
This morning I went to one of my favorite spots that I have hunted only 2xs this year. My thinking was I would use this N/NE wind because the deer sightings have always been the highest on a N/NE wind. I saw 30ish turkeys and nothing else.
So on my way out of the woods I thought to myself I wonder if they are hanging out behind the house. I no more than thought that and low and behold there were 6 standing there looking at me.
So, if your hunting has gone cold, and the pressure has been extremely high as it always is where I live, don't overlook the obvious! Behind houses and by the roads!
Just saying! That's what's happening here in SW Michigan anyway.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
backstraps

Re: For what it's worth

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:01 am

Funny you mentioned that. A couple buddys were hunting in Ohio last week. They were on their way back to the camper when nature called. They stopped the truck, one headed to the edge of the road and was going to go down off the road and he seen a shooter buck rubbing a tree less than 60 yards from the truck!
dirt nap giver

Unread postby dirt nap giver » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:04 am

Over half the bucks on my wall came from within 100 yards of a road

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hard work trumps talent, when talent fails to work hard
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:13 am

Good tip.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”