Mexico Bow Hunting

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Pablo
Facebook: Pablo Cantu Garza

Re: Mexico Bow Hunting

Unread postby Pablo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 am

thank you!!!
Well i whant to ask you 2 cuestions basicly!
#1) why if i shut 100grn muzzy 3 blade´s, with a 26.5" goldtip Hunter Expedition 5575, with my Cybertec 2003, with a 27" and 60lbs, and the shut was at 20mts, it didnt pass the first Javalina if i hit it right in the back side of the shoulder. Did you have an idea of what can hapen?, the second i shut it in the same spot and pass without any problem.
#2) i read the FAQ Section, but didnt understand how can i poust some photos, can i send them to you Dan or can you explain me how to doit please!, if its permited! or course

Saludos!!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:28 am

Pablo can you email me the pictures you want to post? thehuntingbeast@aol.com
Pablo

Unread postby Pablo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:20 am

Thank you Dan!
i just send you the mail!!!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:57 am

Pablo:
these are the photos of my javelina and the deer my friend shot!

Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Nice buck. Congrats to your friend. Congrats on the javelina too!! Looks like a good day huntin!
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Pablo

Unread postby Pablo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:36 pm

ohh! it realy was a good trip!!!, and does javalinas where very smart, and dificult to aproach, but well, i will tell you how it was the cochinita pibil, and chilorio and jalapeño sausages we are going to do with him!!!
thanks, Sauthern Man!!!
And Thanks Dan for the help with the photos!
I will send to night some photos of my bow buck´s of my past years to Dan!!

Saludos!!!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:17 pm

phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Nice deer and javelina!

Sometimes arrows can deflect upon entry of the animal.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Pablo

Unread postby Pablo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:27 am

Well, now i return to my bowhunt setup in the land a friend of mine give me the oportuniti to hunt!
We set up my treestand abaut 4 week´s a go, and i just hunted tha past weekend.
I think i make a very big error, because of the wind, it was in my back all the time, it came´s from the north, but i was so ansious to hunt in that place, that i just figured that it was a posibility if the deer came from my back.
I arrive to my place, just walking very slowly, y take off the camera i hang 4 weeks latter, but it dosent work all that time, i still dosent know what hapen to the camera but the memory wasent registering any photo, iven when i picked it or prove it. but i made my desision and stay to hunt that spot.
When i get up on the stand, i saw a rub near at no more than 10mts of the stand, but just 1, i dont find any other. I stay there from 3:00pm to end of light, at 5:15pm i take the antlers and make some rattling, a get a little 8pts at 20mts, but because of the air he just smell me i think and continue his way out of there.
I hunt that spot the morning of the saturday with the same wind, but i didnt see any thing, so i leave it for the rest of the weekend.
I put atention in my way out the saturday at med day, and find that some deer have walked over my track´s, and that now, 4 weeks latter, they have a new trail 50mts aprox near the place i enter the wood´s.

Dan Can you help me again to post some photos of my tree stand and the rub i find?

I just hoping some of you can give me some advice about if its good to move my stand neer the trail i find or if it will not work, of course i have to play the wind or identify 2 or 3 spots around to set up with the consideration of the winth. but can i change eaven in the season my stand? or use another treestand for not disturbing the first one???

Thanks for your coments!
Saludos!!!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:45 am

I will post the photo's when I get online at home... Working right now. Two things come to mind regarding your hunt...
1) I would very rarely ever consider hunting a stand with a bad wind direction.
2) Moving around and having lots of options will get you more chances than one or two "good" spots.
Pablo

Unread postby Pablo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 am

Yes Dan, my desire and expectations of that spot make me to overlook the wind problem, and because that stand its hevy i dont think in beeng moving every time, but in this forums you make me reconsider to making it, so its my strategi for the next week, i just have a new option, and have an other stand more light to be moving, i just have the options tu hunt that new point with ever wind, just have the doubt of my path to it, because of the wind.
Im working in other parts of that land, to have more options, but i need to make some adjustments to my equipment Dan.
I was able to see the efect of the wind in the buck that ran off me
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am

You could always try another area off the ground...
Pablo

Unread postby Pablo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:22 am

talking about the frase "Off the ground", in my area there are a fiew places with good trees, but the moust are no more high than 2.5-3mts (8-9fts) and moustly that places are with thik cover of low vegetation.
So, how can this afect my setups?, can just take a tree at 30mts apart and with the best cover from where i spect the deer came from?
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:25 am

Pablo, I think Dan means to hunt sitting on the ground, not sitting in a tree. Sit on the ground using ground cover or brush to hide your movements.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am

Dan Can you help me again to post some photos of my tree stand and the rub i find?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”