Where would you sit?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

kwaldeier
500 Club

Where would you sit?

Unread postby kwaldeier » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Was walking into my spot today and spotted one of my target bucks. 150" 10 pt that looks HUGE in person lol. Red is where i was when i seen him and blue was his path until i lost him. My one and only shot was for .5 second and at 150 yards. He was following a doe withOUT his nose to the ground or seemingly any interest in her. I plan on sitting where i first seen him tomorrow morning. This was at 8:30am so i dont think he is bedded to the North? That is where i am confused! Atleast now i know EHD didnt get him!

James
500 Club

Re: Where would you sit?

Unread postby James » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:31 pm

Those big bucks will search out and lock down doe in odd spots this time of year, so just because that spot north is thin doesn't mean he isn't wandering into there. The east/west line below looks good. I normally do not like field edges or inside corners this time of year but that looks like it might be the spot that is in order to catch him cruising. Looks like you could hunt either side depending on the wind. Good luck!
metropig

Unread postby metropig » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:16 am

James wrote:Those big bucks will search out and lock down doe in odd spots this time of year, so just because that spot north is thin doesn't mean he isn't wandering into there. The east/west line below looks good. I normally do not like field edges or inside corners this time of year but that looks like it might be the spot that is in order to catch him cruising. Looks like you could hunt either side depending on the wind. Good luck!

Just curious why do you not like inside corners this time of year?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 am

Seems like a good spot right where he cruised thru, where all the tree lines meet.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:11 pm

Sat there today with a lot of does. Dad was all the way west of the red dot and he seen him. Again, couldn't get a shot off before he was gone. Seems to be active around 8. I will be over west close to that island looking S.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:41 pm

good luck... he keeps showing himself and sooner or later your going to make him pay for it.
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:58 pm

I hope its me or my dad. Its pretty pressured. Plus we are having 5 more guys coming this weekend....

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”