Treestand activitys

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

What do you do in stand? (can vote 6 times )

Eat food
17%
Drink liquids
19%
read books
5%
text
25%
phone calls
1%
sleep
6%
just stay focused on hunting
26%

Total votes: 778
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Treestand activitys

Unread postby dan » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:42 pm

What do you do in stand?
Another discussion that got into "smoking" on stand made me curious what people believe they can get away with on stand. Click your votes on the poll then add a comment if you have one...
Last edited by dan on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed poll

Beauford

Re: Treestand activitys

Unread postby Beauford » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Gun season for a all day sit I will take water and soda for me. Bow hunting pretty much nothing
NSOUTFITTER

Unread postby NSOUTFITTER » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Same with me , no eating on stand other than a few candy . Water is a must for me . but a reasonable amount .
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:36 pm

I always have some water with me. Most bow hunts are short enough food isn't necessary at all.

For all day sits, bow or gun, I bring the water, a couple of pbj sandwiches, an apple, cookies or crackers or candy bar. Anything with wrappers is unwrapped ahead of time and then everything is put in one of those square flexible plastic Tupperware containers (these are very quiet to open and close).
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 pm

My bowhunts are every day long sits, sometimes all day so I have both water and snacks along. I hunt just rut period when all-day action is likely.
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:52 pm

granola bars and water. and a paperback book. I cant stand to sit too long with out something to do. I feel that by occupying myself with something to do, I sit longer, and I also move around less. All food is unwrapped and placed in a ziploc bag.
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:38 am

I sit full days alot...no matter what time of year. So I always have something to snack on in my pack...pbj sandwiches, granola bars, apples. Simple things like that.
I also suffer from occasional migraines so a bottle of water is mandatory, along with a bottle of excedrin. The water and excedrin are ALWAYS in my pack.
James
500 Club

Unread postby James » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:31 am

I've hunted with enough people to compare myself with and I would say I am not the norm when on stand. For most short hunts I only pack in water and 2 snickers bars that are more for emergency than food while hunting. I drink water immediately after setting up to help cool me off but try to refrain from messing with the bottle on morning or evening hunts after I am cooled down. For the small handful of all day sits (less than 8) I will pack in a sandwich or steal one from Arrowbender because he packs too much food anyways.

AC Rider brought a bag of combos into the bear stand while filming for me last year. Not a tree stand friendly bag!!!
Southy77

Unread postby Southy77 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:08 am

MORNING OR EVENING SETS I SOMETIMES TAKE AN APPLE AND A WATER. ALL DAY SETS I BRING A SANDWICH AND A WATER.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:41 am

A couple of packs of smokes and a bottle of JD. :lol:

Two person ladderstand, maybe my girlfriend. :shock:

marty
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:41 am

Beauford wrote:Gun season for a all day sit I will take water and soda for me. Bow hunting pretty much nothing

X2
I really never sit all day. I mostly sit evenings, but I will get to my stand earlier as the season progresses. I have never sat in the same stand all day. Just might be me, but I have a very hard time staying still the longer I sit in stand.
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:03 am

The days of old where I would basically go without food/freeze my behind off are over. I pack whatever I feel like I need to make it through the hours I am hunting. Being hydrated is numero uno. Not being miserable without food is a close second. I package everything so that I can get to it quietly. That means I unwrap anything that could potentially be loud.
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:14 pm

With me by the time I carry in my stand bow and climbing sticks, plus strapping on the outer wear to my lone wolf I don't have much room. Some of the public I hunt I try to wear the least amount possibly, thus causing extra weight on the stand. Gun hunting I pack more planing on a all day sit, it does not happen very much for some reason or another.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:23 am

Nothing for morning or evening hunts, and a sandwich and soda or water for all day hunts. I also like to take a book or small electronic suduko game for all day sits. Of course I mute the sound. I think it helps pass the time as well as keeps me more still, for those long days.
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:37 am

Guess I'm the odd man out. No food in the stand with me, UNLESS an all day sit, but that usually means a sandwich... I always have a bottle of water, but rarely drink from it other than immediately after I sit down and right at the end before I climb down.

I guess I thought it was teh same for everyone the way it is for me, but maybe I'm alone when I say that I don't feel hunger while hunting (or fishing for that matter) until the second it's quitting time, then I'm strongly reminded.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”