BLOOD TRACKING TIPS: Toilet paper tracking...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Ack

Re: BLOOD TRACKING TIPS: Toilet paper tracking...

Unread postby Ack » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:02 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:
Ack wrote:I also use tp/paper towels for tracking, but something else I carry now are those small clip-on trail markers.....a lot easier to see if you are blood trailing after dark. Only thing is you have to go back and get them after you are done....no biggie.

Ack, I use those sometimes as well on a short trail- pretty visible day or night as they are reflective. They make them in brown as well to hide them from hunters during the daytime but they reflect light at night. Also, waving something white like TP around in the brush during gun deer season on heavy pressure public land in MidMichigan really isn't the greatest idea. :shock:

Yep....I use the brown markers. 8-)

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:02 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:
Ack wrote:I also use tp/paper towels for tracking, but something else I carry now are those small clip-on trail markers.....a lot easier to see if you are blood trailing after dark. Only thing is you have to go back and get them after you are done....no biggie.

Ack, I use those sometimes as well on a short trail- pretty visible day or night as they are reflective. They make them in brown as well to hide them from hunters during the daytime but they reflect light at night. Also, waving something white like TP around in the brush during gun deer season on heavy pressure public land in MidMichigan really isn't the greatest idea. :shock:

A homemade inexpensive version of these is to by a "hundred pack" of wooden cloths line clips and duct tape a piece of surveyor tape to it... They come in handy in the cattails where everything looks the same for a mile.
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:54 am

dan wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:

A homemade inexpensive version of these is to by a "hundred pack" of wooden cloths line clips and duct tape a piece of surveyor tape to it... They come in handy in the cattails where everything looks the same for a mile.

Great tip Dan- that's a good sized pile of inexpensive markers. 8-)
Michaelry989

Unread postby Michaelry989 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:09 am

a little trick i learned was use hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle as stated above mixed with a bright pink food coloring. one color you never see in the woods is pink. when you spray the ground watch any spot of blood foam up bright pink!!!! works awsome
IS IT HUNTING SEASON YET????

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”