Why I hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckfever
500 Club

Why I hunt

Unread postby Buckfever » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I think that the burden of responsibilities takes a toll. It weighs on us, it makes us tentative, cautious, understandably so.

When get out there in the woods, I bring that with as it's part of me, what I've become.

But it has no place there and slowly I shed it and I feel free.

And I remember who I am.

Why I hunt.

DropTyne
500 Club

Re: Why I hunt

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:50 pm

Gentlemen, we've got a poet on our hands! Loved it man, I feel the same way. The headaches from the pressures of work and life in general are far worse than the back aches of a day on stand.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Couldn't have said it better myself! 8-)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:30 am

I swear I wasn't trying to be poetic, I was just tired and it came out that way. While I share my hunts virtually with a good buddy who's out of state, this year I'm hunting alone. Doing the lone wolf thing on the hunting and being unencumbered by all the other crap, I'm able to really experience the purity of it. Which I haven't been able to for a while. No question I think it's very important to be successful, to execute on the whole thing. But clearly at least to me this does a whole lot more for me than just getting out there and hunting.
whitetail4ever

Unread postby whitetail4ever » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Wow...neat post man. Totally agree...hunting is such great medicine for the rigors and demands of life. I am so glad I became a hunter. I can't believe I missed out on it for all those years. (I started hunting when I was 27) Now I can't imagine life without it! When I was in college, my buddy from my home town used to always go home every weekend during deer season (bow and gun) and I didn't understand it. He was never around to hang out or party on weekends with us. I remember him talking about the rut and it went in one ear and out the other. I haven't talked to him for a number of years now and when I tell him that I love to hunt, he will say I told ya so. Hunting is a way of life for me now.
The woods has so much to offer to the human soul...
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:01 pm

Awesome topic and posts. Im solo this year as well. Trying to stay humble and discovering myself more and more on each hunt.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”