Pickup Rule

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bones09

Re: Pickup Rule

Unread postby bones09 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:11 am

A friend of mine found 2 locked bucks in a creek bottom (Arcadia, WI area)during the '11 gun season. Both bucks were big(160+), he had to fork over $500 to keep them. I guess the CO came up with an estimated value by calling a few taxidermists. Stupid!

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:31 am

bones09 wrote:A friend of mine found 2 locked bucks in a creek bottom (Arcadia, WI area)during the '11 gun season. Both bucks were big(160+), he had to fork over $500 to keep them. I guess the CO came up with an estimated value by calling a few taxidermists. Stupid!

Agree
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Stump

Unread postby Stump » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:43 am

bones09 wrote:A friend of mine found 2 locked bucks in a creek bottom (Arcadia, WI area)during the '11 gun season. Both bucks were big(160+), he had to fork over $500 to keep them. I guess the CO came up with an estimated value by calling a few taxidermists. Stupid!

That's why I said I bet they don't get many calls with dead bucks very often at that cost. What does a resident tag cost?

A couple non hunting wives buy tags to use on said locked bucks.
:shhh:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”