Call me crazy, but I found some magic pixie dust............

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Monster Raxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tom.lester#!/pr ... 0779026926

Re: Call me crazy, but I found some magic pixie dust........

Unread postby Monster Raxx » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:10 am

I had 2 mature bucks get down wind of me one was 160" and the other was 180"+ and when they got a nose full down wind they did not bolt but they knew something was not right and got out of there in a hurry. Now with the younger bucks and does it seemed to do a good job.

lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:13 pm

Monster Raxx wrote:I had 2 mature bucks get down wind of me one was 160" and the other was 180"+ and when they got a nose full down wind they did not bolt but they knew something was not right and got out of there in a hurry. Now with the younger bucks and does it seemed to do a good job.

If those bucks would have been in range would you have been able to get a good shot on them? The reason I ask is this, nosejammer is not intended to make you invisible to deer, granted some deer have 0 reaction to it, but from my experience most do react, but also from my experience their reactions would not prevent the hunter from getting a shot opportunity. So if you use it expecting deer to have no reaction at all you will be disappointed, I use it because it is one more tool that COULD help me tag the deer I am after and might prevent the deer that do get downwind of me from ever knowing they were being hunted. Thus allowing me to hunt an area multiple sits instead of just once or twice a season.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Dewey wrote:Nose Jammer?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

how did i miss this thread :think: :lol:

:lol: who ever uses this stuff and thinks it works, is well..... :? :think: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 pm

BigHunt wrote:

:lol: who ever uses this stuff and thinks it works, is well..... :? :think: :lol:

This is an informative post that Chris felt like sharing, regardless if it works or not, don't make fun of them for using or posting their opinion on it.
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
Monster Raxx
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tom.lester#!/pr ... 0779026926

Unread postby Monster Raxx » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 pm

lungbuster wrote:
Monster Raxx wrote:I had 2 mature bucks get down wind of me one was 160" and the other was 180"+ and when they got a nose full down wind they did not bolt but they knew something was not right and got out of there in a hurry. Now with the younger bucks and does it seemed to do a good job.

If those bucks would have been in range would you have been able to get a good shot on them? The reason I ask is this, nosejammer is not intended to make you invisible to deer, granted some deer have 0 reaction to it, but from my experience most do react, but also from my experience their reactions would not prevent the hunter from getting a shot opportunity. So if you use it expecting deer to have no reaction at all you will be disappointed, I use it because it is one more tool that COULD help me tag the deer I am after and might prevent the deer that do get downwind of me from ever knowing they were being hunted. Thus allowing me to hunt an area multiple sits instead of just once or twice a season.

I see what you are saying and I know other guys that swear by it. Like I said I just didnt get the reaction I was expecting after hearing them talk about it, on mature bucks. I also wasnt expecting to spray it and easily kill a 4 1/2 + year old deer it is still hunting and there are so many variables in killing a buck like that.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Casper wrote:
BigHunt wrote:

This is an informative post that Chris felt like sharing, regardless if it works or not, don't make fun of them for using or posting their opinion on it.

im sorry you feel that way, the only info i got out of this thread is that nosie jammer dosent work ;)

:lol: just my :twocents-twocents: ...to each there own :mrgreen:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:35 am

Actually after Lung intiated this post and other posts by others I may try it yet this year.......Usually not one to fall for the crap sold for hunting but have a spot that is killer for a west wind......problem is once the 1st groups of deer trickle past me headin east (does fawn sometomes small bucks) they catch my scent and booger out.

I am think this causes the larger bucks, which are coming by at a later time, to be put on alarm and not showing. I am about as close as I can get to bedding.....odd/ unique spot. Sooooo if this product does work on does and fawns, at least to the point they are not snorting and bolting away might bye me the slight advantage I'm looking for. With the bucks not hearing the other deer snorting and bounding away this may put them at ease enough to head my way.

If it doesn't work, it's no worse than how I am hunting this area now. I think it's worth a shot?
lungbuster
500 Club

Unread postby lungbuster » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:15 am

Hodag, you should definately give it a try and let us know if it worked.
Bighunt, if you have not tried it for yourself, your comments aren't very useful ;)
lungbuster
500 Club

Unread postby lungbuster » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 am

I will also reiterate that I do not believe in scent control products, I have used them in the past and once I stopped using them and playing the wind, I became more successful. Also I am not saying to forget the wind and just rely on Nosejammer, but I have found it to be useful in situations where the wind isn't always predictable or deer will get to your downwind side before your target deer hits your shooting lane...........If you think it is a gimmick then don't use it, plain and simple, but if you are looking for something that might give you an extra edge, why not try it, you won't hurt anything by using it. 8-)
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks lung. You may have convinced me to give it a try.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”