Screwed up big time

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

admiral04

Screwed up big time

Unread postby admiral04 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 am

So this morning i decided to sit on the downwind side of a doe bedding area ive hunted for years. At about 9:30 i decided it was time for a drink. As i unzipped my pack i looked sort of behind me at my 7 o'clock and stairing back at me was a beautiful buck at 15 yds. We had a stair down for about 15 seconds before he quickly walked away. As he got out of sight he blew a couple times. My question is if the conditions are the same what are my chances of seeing him tomorrow? Do bucks often repeat a pattern when in the rut and looking for doe or will he be 5 miles away by then?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

rudy78
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=716176610

Re: Screwed up big time

Unread postby rudy78 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:22 am

I don't think he will be very far away, but doubt he will come by that tree in a while since he blew like that he didn't like something @ all.

[ Post made via Palm ] Image
Full Access- Rom. 5:1-2
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 am

rudy78 wrote:I don't think he will be very far away, but doubt he will come by that tree in a while since he blew like that he didn't like something @ all.

[ Post made via Palm ] Image

x2 Exactly what Rudy said...
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:41 pm

As for tomorrow I don't like your chances.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”