Walked a new property today.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

Walked a new property today.

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:27 am

So I gained access to another spot close to home. Took a walk today to see how it looked. There is another guy that hunts it and I had no idea what kind of hunter he is...Till I came across thisImage :lol: Apparently he likes to use Buck attractors.Image, I found 3 treestands all within 60 yards of each otherImage. So I thought since this guy is concentrating his efforts to a small area, I would check out the other side of the property..ImageImageImageImageImageImageSorry for the sideways pics. All these rubs and many more were all concentrated in a 50 yard area. I believe I found a bed on the edge of a river. Is that common for a buck to bed butted up to a river? He seems to be traveling right along the river as he leaves his bed headed towards fields. Tracks were tough to see because it is pretty dry but I managed to find a good one.Image Guess what side I will be hunting?

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
Reflex011

Re: Walked a new property today.

Unread postby Reflex011 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:34 am

Geeze..... wonder what his house looks like :D
[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 am

True definition of a slob hunter. :roll:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
DropTyne
500 Club

Unread postby DropTyne » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:08 am

I cant believe you contaminated that guys set up.
DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
dbltmn

Unread postby dbltmn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:37 am

That makes me sick, whether public or private land. It's stuff lke that that gives us a bad rap. Shame on him.
ttsbuck
500 Club

Unread postby ttsbuck » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 am

Nice of him to funnel deer movement for you. Good luck
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:11 pm

I figure I will have most of the deer to myself :D. Also taking a trash bag and gonna fill it with all the crap he is leaving out there. Gonna tie the bag to his stand then. Might just show the landowner too.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:22 pm

That looks like a good track! Bet it belongs to a nice one. You going after him soon?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:21 pm

I have started seeing many more deer on a different farm. 4 different bucks the past 3 days only sitting for a few hour each night. Hard to change a spot when the action is picking up like it is. I know the resident bucks can be anywhere this time of year and I think I probably will wait till Monday to hit this spot because I think the other guy is a weekend hunter. Pretty excited to give it a sit and see what happens, but I know I have the other farm to myself! Bustin my rear helping the landowner when it was 90 degrees a few months ago paid off big! :D
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Dewey wrote:True definition of a slob hunter. :roll:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

X2
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:25 pm

Pullintoobs wrote:I figure I will have most of the deer to myself :D. Also taking a trash bag and gonna fill it with all the crap he is leaving out there. Gonna tie the bag to his stand then. Might just show the landowner too.

I wouldn't. He obviously likes that spot and the deer have him patterned. Let him be. Don't say a word.

Clean up after him after the season.
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 am

Buckfever wrote:
Pullintoobs wrote:I figure I will have most of the deer to myself :D. Also taking a trash bag and gonna fill it with all the crap he is leaving out there. Gonna tie the bag to his stand then. Might just show the landowner too.

I wouldn't. He obviously likes that spot and the deer have him patterned. Let him be. Don't say a word.

Clean up after him after the season.

I tend to agree - it is unsightly and poor of him to do so. I think you just spread the mess if he knows you were in "his" spot.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:13 am

Wow. He watches to man of those "hunting shows". Those things are filled with advertisements of that crap. Buckbomb, Buckdump, Bring-N-Bucks-With-Big-Racks-Time Released-Foaming Spray...geez. Sounds like a younger guy to me. Concentrating on one spot with the rubs afraid to go to far. All those rubs are made at night more than likely. Sad sad sad to leave hunting lands with garbage. I'm with the others, leave it where it is and tell the landowner and just have him kicked off. :pray:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:15 am

Telling on guys to landowners usually don't result in good things for either hunter... I would just let him have his little area and leave it be...
Lead by example...
One spot I used to hunt the other hunter threw trash all around his stand very much like your photo's if you added a ton of candy wrappers and soda cans... Nice guy, but a total pig. One day he asked me to help him track a deer, along the way I picked up all his tinks bottles and trash and filled my pockets. He said "why are you picking up all that junk? I said it belongs in a trash can, not the woods... Did not lecture, did not ask if it was him, just left it like that, and although there was still old trash, no new stuff appeared after that...
I think leading by example is far more effective than being confrontational... Especially with younger people who look up to us.
Pullintoobs
500 Club

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:53 am

After thinking more and some of your suggestions. I am just going to let him be. I will just pick up the junk as I see it. Do not need to make any enemies. Just gonna mind my own business and stay out of his "his" neck of the woods. The deer probably are.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”