Prevailing winds wont cooperate

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Prevailing winds wont cooperate

Unread postby Brad » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 am

I have a spot I am dying to hunt on a west east running hill. The wind is almost always out of the west or northwest though and I can only hunt to the top of it, and the neighbors own the "lee side" on a northwest west or west wind. Is this spot basically written off until the wind switches since the thermal tunnel is on the other side that I cant hunt, or would the deer still relate to the pinch points and the fingers? I see deer coming from there a lot so I think they must use it some, but I am not sure how to proceed.

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Re: Prevailing winds wont cooperate

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:20 am

I imagine that they will keep preferring to use the lee side, but during the rut, as other have recently posted, sometimes they may just get from A to B and not worry as much about the wind. I have seen deer do some odd things in regards to the wind during the rut, but lee side would still be ideal.

I have the opposite problem this weekend. Winds out of the east predicted Fri - Sun, and most of my good spots are set up for Westerly winds.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”