Anybody doing any all day sits yet?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

Re: Anybody doing any all day sits yet?

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Tomorrow will be an all day sit for me minus about an hour when I gotta burn back to get my kids from school, then heading right back out. Of course that is probably when a good one walks by my stand.

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Half day sit tommorow

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Depends on what I see tomorrow...I'm heading out in the AM and if I hear/see chasing I'll start sitting all day. Once I get confirmation of the chase being on, I'll start the all day sits.
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm

I have seen a lot of mid day activity in person, and on my trail cams, for the last week or so including mature bucks...lots of chasing and have seen several does in heat already. The action is spotty still but it can be crazy if you get in the right area.

After the last two years of minimal rutting activity its good to see so much action...
FRH
500 Club

Unread postby FRH » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I'm gonna sit my farm till 9 or 10 and see what kind of action I get. If nothing I'm loading up the kayak grabbing an early lunch and heading to some public for the rest of the day.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stikman

Unread postby stikman » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Headed to SW corner of the the state(WI) around 7am near Richland Center. Planning on hunting from noon to dark, then all day Saturday and Sunday. Getting up above the thermal tunnel for the afternoon tomorrow, then we'll see what happens from there and if I want to sit my new tree at the top of a deep cut on Saturday... I wish the winds were more Southerly though! :think:
If we aren't supposed to eat animals why are they made of meat?

Genesis 21:20 - speaking of Abraham and Hagar's son Ishmael:
"And God was with the boy as he grew up. He lived in the wilderness and became an expert with the bow."
Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:01 am

Did an all day sit two weekends ago on public land, observation stand in the morning, saw a buck and then hunted hunted his very obvious staging area, and all was good until two amish guys walked in on us @ 4:30, heard a deer take off about 50 yds away, suprisingly didn't see a thing (sarcasm intended) Should have waited til mid week.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:03 am

Ive got all 4 cams out... and Ill check 2 today, and the other 2 tomorrow when I finally can hunt (kids football over... yay!)

Ill use that and see what they say, and days when I see ALOT of deer Ill turn it into an allday sit. Ill plan a few when big boys start dieing.
You can't kill em on the couch

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”