Stands for the rut

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Stands for the rut

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:04 am

copper/displayimage.php?pid=1770

This is a 175 acres farm land with some slight hills. I like the two stands I picked for rut. Trying to catch them moving from one big woods to the other. They go through these little patches of woods to stay under cover. Let me know what else you guys like about this farm. Thanks!

James
500 Club

Re: Stands for the rut

Unread postby James » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:45 am

Hard to be very confident without some on ground knowledge but I like the bigger section of timber in the SW corner. Especially where it pinches down on the south line headed east.

For rut, I am mostly interested in bigger sections of timber in ag that connect and are contiguous.
Sweet Shot 7
500 Club

Re: Stands for the rut

Unread postby Sweet Shot 7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:54 am

James wrote:Hard to be very confident without some on ground knowledge but I like the bigger section of timber in the SW corner. Especially where it pinches down on the south line headed east.

For rut, I am mostly interested in bigger sections of timber in ag that connect and are contiguous.

That spot on the SW pinches down to a Oak flat. Great spot and the does are always there. Not much cover though so the bucks dont show up in daylight. I know the spots I marked dont connect into a funnel but you can see where it would still funnel them through connecting the woods across the road.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”