Trail camera

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Re: Trail camera

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Swampthing wrote:Bushnell has a version of their Trophy Cam made specifically for Walmart. It is only $ 99.00 and is very small and compact. comes with a mounting arm as well.

I saw this cam the other day. I was wondering how well the cam works?

BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:27 pm

For $70 my uncle bought a Wildgame Innovations camera. At first I thought it would be a pile of junk. It has turned out to be just as productive as my $200 cameras even better than some. If you are interested I could look up the model name. I think some of these cams are hit or miss though to be honest. We got lucky with ours.

I bought a Stealth trophy cam archers choice edition from Rack Addict and its a great camera with video! However batteries last 3 weeks on the settings I have. It takes 8 AA batteris I believe its around the $150 mark.
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

All of the Wildgame Innovations cameras I have had are junk. I will never own another. I had two I bought in a dual pack and those have either been thrown in the garbage or given to some kids, the other was a higher end model and it was still garbage. I think I gave that one away also.
brink

Unread postby brink » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am

Moultrie M80's = Constant headaches

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Whatever is Clever.
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

On one of my covert red 40's Im over 25,000 pics with the same set of batteries and were still sitting on full bars!
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 am

BigHills BuckHunter wrote:For $70 my uncle bought a Wildgame Innovations camera. At first I thought it would be a pile of junk. It has turned out to be just as productive as my $200 cameras even better than some. If you are interested I could look up the model name. I think some of these cams are hit or miss though to be honest. We got lucky with ours.

I bought a Stealth trophy cam archers choice edition from Rack Addict and its a great camera with video! However batteries last 3 weeks on the settings I have. It takes 8 AA batteris I believe its around the $150 mark.

Bighills I believe they have a firmware update for that camera to correct that battery life. If you have questions the c.s. can walk you through it. Here's the link for the update http://www.stealthcam.net/sc_downloads_d.html
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm

Gardner Swamp wrote:
Swampthing wrote:Bushnell has a version of their Trophy Cam made specifically for Walmart. It is only $ 99.00 and is very small and compact. comes with a mounting arm as well.

Not sure but will proably buy a couple this winter sometime.

I saw this cam the other day. I was wondering how well the cam works?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
MN Legacy
500 Club
Facebook: Brent Bushy

Unread postby MN Legacy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:14 pm

Hey I own 3 cameras. I have a Wildgame INnovations one that I think I'm done with it. The battery life on that is like a week to 10 days and C cell batteries are kind of expensive. The other two that I have are a Moultrie Game spy 4.o and so far I like and the battery life is awesome but the speed is alittle slow. I got a Covert MP6 and I love it so far it's small and battery life is phenomenal and It has a video feature and picts and the picts are clear. I wouldn't mind trying a Reconyx but too expensive. I know this company is out of business but I wouldn't mind trying a Predator Extinction they have them on sale at Gander MOuntain for 219.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:23 pm

I got a covert Black 60 from Tom Monster Raxx on here. The camera is in the woods taking pictures as we speak. I'm going to give an honest review of the camera when I pull it later in November.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:44 pm

rack addict wrote:
BigHills BuckHunter wrote:For $70 my uncle bought a Wildgame Innovations camera. At first I thought it would be a pile of junk. It has turned out to be just as productive as my $200 cameras even better than some. If you are interested I could look up the model name. I think some of these cams are hit or miss though to be honest. We got lucky with ours.

Bighills I believe they have a firmware update for that camera to correct that battery life. If you have questions the c.s. can walk you through it. Here's the link for the update http://www.stealthcam.net/sc_downloads_d.html

Thanks Rack Addict...I looked at the instructions and will apply to my cam when I get it out of the woods. ;)
BigHills BuckHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BigHills BuckHunter » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:48 pm

trdtnlbwhntr wrote:All of the Wildgame Innovations cameras I have had are junk. I will never own another. I had two I bought in a dual pack and those have either been thrown in the garbage or given to some kids, the other was a higher end model and it was still garbage. I think I gave that one away also.

Like I said......we must have gotten really lucky.

Batteries last a month or so, night pics are good IMO, day pics are clear, range is really good, only thing I dont like about it is that it makes a click sound when it takes a picture which scares the deer. That alone could be the deciding factor for alot of you guys.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:53 pm

MN Legacy wrote:Hey I own 3 cameras. I have a Wildgame INnovations one that I think I'm done with it. The battery life on that is like a week to 10 days and C cell batteries are kind of expensive. The other two that I have are a Moultrie Game spy 4.o and so far I like and the battery life is awesome but the speed is alittle slow. I got a Covert MP6 and I love it so far it's small and battery life is phenomenal and It has a video feature and picts and the picts are clear. I wouldn't mind trying a Reconyx but too expensive. I know this company is out of business but I wouldn't mind trying a Predator Extinction they have them on sale at Gander MOuntain for 219.

I have been watching them myself they went down but waiting for the to drop a little more.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
rack addict
500 Club

Unread postby rack addict » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Spend a little more and get the covert black 60 with a company that is in business and has the best customer service.
Kabic

Unread postby Kabic » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:38 pm

brink wrote:Moultrie M80's = Constant headaches

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I like my M80. Havent had any problems with mine.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”