WEATHER!!!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraps

WEATHER!!!!

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:10 am

I have some friends in Ohio that are coming home today due to the weather over the next four days!!

FIGURES I am heading to Ohio in the morning. :?

At any rate, local weather in some of the towns I will be hunting are predicting high winds, rain and cold temps.

Sounds like I will be scouting and maybe hang some stands for two weeks from now and maybe a couple stands for after Thanksgiving week with shotgun.

Here is my question.... when you are scouting naturally you try and aviod your scent blowing into bedding areas.
So in high winds 25+mph, and raining, will the rain cause my scent to NOT blow out far from me?

I am asking because I really dont anticipate much hunting the next 4 days...but rather scouting and hanging stands.

What are your thoughts, and if you were 6-7 hours from home and the next 4 days were going to be a bust due to weather... would you scout new property etc? What would you do during this down time?!

PLB
500 Club

Re: WEATHER!!!!

Unread postby PLB » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 am

Cold is good. If it ain't a hurricane or an absolute downpour, Id be hunting. If its pouring I'd be hanging stands. If it's a hurricane I'd be hunting on the ground or stalking/ stillhunting...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
backstraps

Re: WEATHER!!!!

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:21 pm

From what friends there now are saying today was high wind and constant rain. WIND was the main thing....whats your thought on hunting high winds?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”