Dilemma and thoughts please

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Stevew77

Dilemma and thoughts please

Unread postby Stevew77 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:58 am

I have been hunting one stand for a three mornings and undershot a shooter(didnt get winded though) buck the first morning, both mornings I had a button come through from the opposite way(80 yards) and didn't want to move if by chance Mack daddy comes back. This morning I watched as 6 doe, 3 bucks walked the same trail as the button on prior days, one of the bucks was close to a book deer for Sc. After I let them move on and a couple hours go by I decided to move my stand up 50 yards. Well after taking stand down and walking 30 yards I busted an unknown off the creek bank, 10 yards more and 3 more deer I was saying a bunch of bad words. My wind was good but I'm sure they had a visual. Apparently they made a loop and came back up the creek edge and I'm guessing bedded there. Well I was already in there so i hurried and hung my stand and got out without stinking the area up even more, I didn't check the thicket they came out of in fear that it was their actual beds. Did I ruin the place and or when would you hunt it? On the way out all I could think about was the bump and dump technique and I plan on being there before sunrise in the am. Thoughts?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Re: Dilemma and thoughts please

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:17 am

You might want to retype that. I got a 1/4 of the way through and just couldn't read the rest. Horrid grammar, not trying to be rude but I can't understand ya buddy! :shifty:
Stevew77

Unread postby Stevew77 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:30 am

HaHa! Sorry! Small phone and tired. To sum it all up I missed a nice shooter buck the first morning I hunted this particular area. This morning I watched 8 deer filter through at 80 yards so I decided to move a little closer to that trail. Upon doing so I busted 4 deer off the creek edge at 12pm. Hung my stand and got out of there before stinking the area up too much more.

G3s
500 Club

Unread postby G3s » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:25 am

At this point it cant really hurt if you have already busted them out of there. I wouldnt have very high hopes for the area myself. Chances are they have you and your stand location pinpointed
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:34 am

Yep... At this point you might as well give it a shot... I personally don't move a stand in deer season unless I plan on hunting out of it right at the time I hang it... Why go in there and spook the spot twice.
Stevew77

Unread postby Stevew77 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:37 am

Yeah I know, it's just hard to believe they were so close and possibly bedding within 75 yards of me the first two hunts. Live and learn

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”