Why Do You Hunt?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Arrowbender
500 Club

Re: Why Do You Hunt?

Unread postby Arrowbender » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I can't resist cuz.
This is why I hunt!!
I did eat some of that Nano-nanny I shot last Saturday and that's a good reason too; but this makes for better screen savers than an 11" entry wound!!!!

Mushky

Unread postby Mushky » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 pm

It's in my DNA......Really it's the only thing I truely like to do other than reloading & shooting at my gun club.
Mathews Monster XLR8
28" Draw / 65 LBS / 336 fps
G5 Optix XR2 Sights / QAD HD Rest
Fuse Axium Stabilizer
Scott Rhino XT Release
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter - 250
G5 - T3's
Bow Force Mapped

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Edcyclopedia wrote:Good thread - good responses.
I'm just a natural born killa ;)

That put a smile on my face :lol: Yes you are my friend
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:18 am

Arrowbender wrote:I can't resist cuz.
This is why I hunt!!
I did eat some of that Nano-nanny I shot last Saturday and that's a good reason too; but this makes for better screen savers than an 11" entry wound!!!!

Always been impressed cuz, cant believe I just said that publicly. I tip my hat to horn hunters, I just aint one not enough patience
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Busch Light Bandit

Unread postby Busch Light Bandit » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:18 am

I hunt because hunting has always been something that my Dad, my brother, and I have done together. We all have our separate lives, but hunting has always been fun, because we were sharing time and experiences together. It never has been about the trill of the kill, because quite frankly, we never did do well gun hunting. Now that I have been bow hunting the last 4 years, for me, it also has become about strategy. Now I use basic Beast principles, but I have not put the time in as others. But using those basic principles to make a game plan for a hunt has been very enjoyable. I have never come across something that gives me such a natural excitement than when my knees start to knock when a nice deer gets close. Hunting is the best game of hide and seek I know. It's pure.
All good things come to those who shoot straight
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:27 am

I hunt because it's what all the cool kids do..

On a serious note, I think all of my reasons have been mentioned by others at one point or another. I love being out in the woods, I love scouting, I love figuring out how animals think and try to beat them at their game of survival - then sense of accomplishment. I also hunt to get away from everything- try not to think about school, work, business, relationships, etc..

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
NightwishMike
500 Club

Unread postby NightwishMike » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:23 am

Uncle Lou wrote:Always been impressed cuz, cant believe I just said that publicly. I tip my hat to horn hunters, I just aint one not enough patience

I agree completely Lou, and with your original post. I so new to the game that small animals get me pumped just as much as the big ones. I hope it stays this way my whole life.

I hunt to challenge myself. I also like to put a distinct disadvantage on myself like shooting a recurve. Makes the kill that much more sweet. I went gun hunting four years ago and I have never done it since because I felt like it was too unfair. I have nothing against gun hunters, it's just not my thing.

Now that we can bow hunt during gun season that's what I will be doing!
Chinook

Unread postby Chinook » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:27 am

Jack London described it as the call of the wild. I hear that call, or more like I feel it. For me, there's nothing like it and there's nothing that can stop it. I have to hunt. As for meat, if I could I'd only eat wild game. Maybe someday.......
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Because you grill it till ya kill it
trdtnlbwhntr

Unread postby trdtnlbwhntr » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:33 am

I hunt because I dont want to know what life is without it. Every spring the feeling comes over me when the first bits of grass turn green and the birds start chirping. Its time to be in the woods going after turkeys and helping others get their birds. I dont fish so the summer months are prep times for me. When that first blast of cold air hits, something inside me says its time to go and follow your instincts. Trees are no longer just trees, they are judged on their ability to hold a stand. Tracks are not just tracks anymore, they are evidence of the prey. Changing leaves are no longer a sign of the winter ahead, they are a beacon to the best time of the year approaching. Its not about the chase and outsmarting an animal for me. Its more than that. Its about letting my inner strengths come out, fortifying those and weakening, if just a little bit, the insecurities I have in myself. Each hunting season brings about a chance to become a better person, to challenge yourself, to admit faults, to overcome hurdles, and to taste success. Each hunting season to me is a personal journey to reclaim those parts of me that society and normal day to day life take away. Some people have religion, some people have vices, I have hunting. I can provide nutrition for myself, family, and friends, but that isn't why I hunt. I find my inner personal best with hunting and feel closer to my truest roots when I am doing it.
That's why I hunt.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am

Why does a house cat that has an endless supply of food from its owner hunt?
Because its a natural desire built into my DNA. We were born to hunt.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:42 am

dan wrote:Why does a house cat that has an endless supply of food from its owner hunt?

8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
gogebicbuckslayer

Unread postby gogebicbuckslayer » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 am

I hunt cause its what I do! I have to steer my hyperfocused adhd mentality in a positive direction, Hunting keeps me sane, and not to mention its a great stress reliever.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:05 am

Besides getting a paycheck every other week, hunting is the only thing that gives me the satisfaction of feeling any purpose on this wretched earth. If I can set up and launch an arrow or bullet into a deer, and enjoy every ounce of meat I cut from it's bones, then I feel I have made a positive difference for myself and my lovely woman in my life by putting awesome meat into the freezer. My friends are mostly non-hunters, and they always enjoy listening to my hunting stories too. Those kinda things I cherish. Although I sometimes struggle with it.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:07 pm

dan wrote:Why does a house cat that has an endless supply of food from its owner hunt?

X 3.14159265359....

I buy very little meat from the store. I plant a large garden. I like seeing how much I can provide on my own. Cost effective? Maybe not but the satisfaction is priceless!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”