disgusted

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PLB
500 Club

Re: disgusted

Unread postby PLB » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:40 am

Any luck Tim??

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:36 am

Has to be still looking or maybe was celebrating a little too hard last night, keep us posted Tim.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:14 am

we started with last blood and found no more blood. at some point in the direction he was going had to climb the steep bluff, we searched those hills till dark/exhaustion. these bluffs will humble you. im disgusted but going to stay optimistic that he will make it or i will stay disgusted. so im leaving my land to cool off a couple days as we tromped the area up . on a positive note i got back in the saddle this morning on a nother farm and had a big buck dogging a doe she seemed scared of him . if she would have came down the hill she would have led him right to me , instead she was fixated on something down the hill and turned and went back up the hill. i lined my valley with cameras to see if i can get a picture of the buck i shot. thanks for all the positive comments. as far as the shot he was quartering very steep. i aimed for the front pocket of shoulder or where i thought id drive it in there it was actually more like the back of the ribs, i guess i didnt say that right. but if i hit where i was aiming it should have drove right up in there. im questioning the hit big time cause he went a long ways . maybe shouldnt have taken the shot but theres no do overs and ive passed many shots on bucks over the years and felt i could make that shot at that distance so im not going to beat myself up on that. i waited 3 years for this chance and blew it simple as that
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:20 am

Been there man!! Sucks bad! You will get another chance!! I hit a big one in bluff country in 2005. When the landowner and I called it quits, I had tears in my eyes. Worst feeling possible!! He put his arm around me and said get the next one. That's all you can do. Good luck Tim!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:26 am

what makes it really hard is i got 3 years of this buck, had no intention of killing him till this year cause of his potential. he blew into a world class buck(at least in my books) i get the chance and blow it. i have a feeling i will never get a shot at anothe buck this big in my lifetime, i hope that not the case. im praying he makes it and comes back
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:37 am

Tim - all you can do is get back on the horse! I would like to see a pic of this buck cause if you say world class after arrowing a 178 last year I'm imaging this buck is over 200!

Hope he makes a full recovery... if he went long ways and back up a steep bluff.... pretty good chance he will make it!

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

Very sorry to hear this Tim. Man I really feel for ya. Best of luck with him If he's still alive or another the rest of the season.
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:16 pm

Bucky wrote:Tim - all you can do is get back on the horse! I would like to see a pic of this buck cause if you say world class after arrowing a 178 last year I'm imaging this buck is over 200!

Hope he makes a full recovery... if he went long ways and back up a steep bluff.... pretty good chance he will make it!

x2. Too bad you couldn't recover him. Hopefully you will get 2nd crack at him.
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:43 pm

if by the end of the season he doesnt show up. i will post pics at the end of the season.i promise. id rather share pics if i kill him
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:08 pm

Bummer Tim, so how far did you find blood for? I agree with the others, sounds like maybe one lung. Its easy to get drawn to that front shoulder on a quartering away shot, but sounds like you worded it wrong and didnt actually aim there.
Hope you get him on camera and better yet, get another crack at him.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”