Interesting find in the area I hunted this evening.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crazinamatese

Re: Interesting find in the area I hunted this evening.

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:03 am

Badger wrote:
Bigb wrote:I hunted a piece of land a few years back (and will be one again this year for gun season this year) that is a very large chunk of land. After I had shot my buck I went and grabbed my climber and as I set it down I happen to look up into an old oak tree and could see old large nails in the tree. You could tell they had been there for a LONG time. I could only see about 6 but they were put up to climb the tree to hunt. I didn't really think of someone else thought this was a good spot, but more about what the hunting was like when this person put these in. How much different hunting was back then. I had a brand new climber and he hunted off of a wood plank and used nails for steps. I even took a short video on how hunting has changed. There was also an old indian campsite near there, so within a few hundered yards hunting over the years had gone from spears and primitive bows, to recurves and blackpowder, to compounds and slug guns. For a american history nerd like me, it was kind of neat to think about.

That does make you wonder..very cool..one of the public places I hunt had what was left of a old stone homestead I loved that spot. I used to sit there as a kid and squirrel hunt, I always tried to imagine what life was like back then and who lived there..They recently logged that woods and bulldozed the site. I was very upset to see that I had been going to that spot for 20 years. It made me sad they would do that for no good reason.

The farm I grew up on has a very old foundation way back in the woods. The only thing there left is the cobblestone foundation and an old windmill. I hunted the neighbors a mile away and there was an old outhouse just sitting in the woods. It was full of bee hives and dilapitated. I asked what was up with it and the neighbor explained to me there was an old farm in the woods around the early 1900's. The only thing still holding up is the outhouse which is pretty amazing. Everything else the forest and trees took over. Its kinda fun to find that type of stuff in the woods.

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”