New Guy Map question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

davenut41

New Guy Map question

Unread postby davenut41 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Hey guys, my buddy turned me on to this site just yesterday. All I have to say is, I think its great! Very informative, and it seems the members are always willing to help and encourage one another. I'm glad to be a part of it. I have been a baiter for years and am looking to get away from it. This is a map of the area I hunt and the locations of my two stands. My question is, is this area worth hunting, or should I move on? I have had pics of nice bucks but, they are almost always at night. Thanks for your help guys!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

phade
500 Club

Re: New Guy Map question

Unread postby phade » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 am

I wish I could give you suggestions, but this terrain is out of my wheelhouse. I'm much more comfortable in broken ag land.

I imagine some of the Michigan/WI/PA guys will chime in soon.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
jlh42581
500 Club

Re: New Guy Map question

Unread postby jlh42581 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:23 am

That south saddle looks like it would be maybe ok for the rut, that north point I would get off of that top. Its not very large to make it worth while.

This topo is very nasty to read. I like that 1700 line right on the swamp just north of the saddle you marked. You could hunt that on a south wind and that bank looks like it might be steep enough they cant get behind you.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”