Deer and diarrhea.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Crazinamatese

Deer and diarrhea.

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:06 am

I found some dried liquid poo in the woods where I hunt near some primary bedding. Doesn't look like bear scat. Its pretty smooth, with well digested vegetation, greenish gray in color. Pretty sure its from deer. What causes deer to have diarrhea?

The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
GregH

Re: Deer and diarrhea.

Unread postby GregH » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Taco Bell...... :lol:

Possibly a fresh food source that is "green".
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:13 pm

Contaminated water
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 pm

goldtip5575 wrote:Contaminated water

There are two creeks in the area. :think:
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:44 pm

I recently travelled to Wisconsin to hunt... word may have travelled through the deer herd... :mrgreen:

Contaminated water, parasites, deer viruses and new bacterias... lots of possibilities.
str8shooter

Unread postby str8shooter » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Old milwaukee has always done it for me :doh: not sure about deer, but I'd go with the other suggestions.
Find his shed, find his bed, use your head to make him dead.
Tadmdad
500 Club

Unread postby Tadmdad » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:49 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:I recently travelled to Wisconsin to hunt... word may have travelled through the deer herd... :mrgreen:

Contaminated water, parasites, deer viruses and new bacterias... lots of possibilities.

Yes....believe the deer heard you were coming, and went deep in cover. He's here, he's there, that SB is everywhere. LOL

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:43 pm

I bait a spot heavily with corn where I have a double stand to take my sons out. I'm talking 200# or more a week. And the place is loaded with diarrhea or as I call it corn poo. Could that be the cause?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Milk Weed Seed wrote:I bait a spot heavily with corn where I have a double stand to take my sons out. I'm talking 200# or more a week. And the place is loaded with diarrhea or as I call it corn poo. Could that be the cause?

Too much of a good thing can always create problems. Especially if the deer are not used to it- it certainly can cause corn poo..

One time in Michigan's Upper Peninsula I came across a huge bait pile of sugar beets put out by another hunter. A six month old button buck fawn was standing over it, bloated and puking up beet chunks... I ran up and all he could do was stagger ahead.. I swatted him on the buttocks and hoped it may help teach him a lesson.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:12 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:
Milk Weed Seed wrote:I bait a spot heavily with corn where I have a double stand to take my sons out. I'm talking 200# or more a week. And the place is loaded with diarrhea or as I call it corn poo. Could that be the cause?

Too much of a good thing can always create problems. Especially if the deer are not used to it- it certainly can cause corn poo..

One time in Michigan's Upper Peninsula I came across a huge bait pile of sugar beets put out by another hunter. A six month old button buck fawn was standing over it, bloated and puking up beet chunks... I ran up and all he could do was stagger ahead.. I swatted him on the buttocks and hoped it may help teach him a lesson.

That's funny stuff there!! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Milk Weed Seed
500 Club

Unread postby Milk Weed Seed » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:

These deer are corn fed year long for the most part in this spot, their more like my pets:-). Just a good spot to tag the boys along with, always action morning and evening nothing big though. Funny story about the buton buck.
Getting back to this post, I think they just overdose on whatever is easy to eat at times and that most likely is the cause of the runs.

[glow=red]Happiness is only a gut pile away[/glow]
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:43 pm

str8shooter wrote:Old milwaukee has always done it for me :doh: not sure about deer, but I'd go with the other suggestions.

LOL - Schlitz too....

Need some twigs and such as a binder!
Maybe a licking block made of cheese. ;)
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”