SD Archery Deer Hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tadmdad
500 Club

Re: SD Archery Deer Hunt

Unread postby Tadmdad » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Dandy bucks....doing a traveling hunt with limited amount of time isn't easy. Been to SD quite a few times pheasant hunting, see plenty of deer. Some of the pictures, looks like the MO river cuts.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Awesome deer , boy I miss hunting in SD.
wibowhntr

Unread postby wibowhntr » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:25 am

Congrats to you and your buddy's...great looking deer!
U.P. MAN
500 Club

Unread postby U.P. MAN » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

Brad Lamont wrote:I have been thinking of trying SD, you just gave me motivation to start thinking a little harder. Were you hunting public or private, tree stands or spot and stalk?

Sorry for the lapse! Lots of catch up at work. We were hunting private land. A friend of mine has a friend whos grandfather owns 1000 acres out there. Its all spot and stalk and ambush. No trees really big enough to hang in. I had heard that if you go and just put up a pop-up blind, they avoid it like the plague. We observed a little, just enough to get a feel for how they were patterning. One thing about out there is that its a long ways between food and bed. They are on their feet alot longer evening and morning. There was always good movement mid afternoon when they would feed a little, but best movement obviously was morning and evening. Definetly not rocket science if I tagged out so soon :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”