What would you do... lost item

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jlh42581
500 Club

What would you do... lost item

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am

So, I bought a new cranford bow holder for the season. I must say its downright awesome. It puts any other screw in bow holder I have ever tried to down right shame. In fact, I might buy 3-4 more just in case they would ever quit making them.

They are only $14, but with the shipping, I am not sure that its worth me going to look for the simple fact it might not be there. It could be in the tree I hunted last week but it very well may not be as I am almost certain I took it out.

Anyhow, being that my hunting schedule is very limited I have the option tomorrow to go look, but it would put me into an area that is antlerless only. With drivng, my late departure at best I could hunt the same unproductive tree or possible scout when I am done but no way will I have time to look for it and get into another productive area to hang the stand. We are having a storm tonight and the wind will tomorrow was going to have me hunt one of my creek access stands on an oak island that has also had a cam I want to get on it.

$14 isnt a lot, but I really like that hanger. I could replace it likely end of this week and have it for next week. Going to look for it sunday when you cant hunt in pa. I have another one that I could use for now. I just keep coming back to the price of gas and if I dont find it. It has zero sentimental value and I guess I would be as likely to find it sunday as tomorrow.

Opinions?

backstraps

Re: What would you do... lost item

Unread postby backstraps » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:33 am

If it were me and I had another spot to hunt that I thought would be productive...I would choose hunting!

If there was an area close to where you think you may have left it that you could hunt in the same trip, then I would consider going back to the tree to check. I am limited on my hunting time though, so I would most likely opt for the choice of hunting a productive area and check on the holder some other time. Maybe on a scouting trip or something.
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 am

backstraps wrote:If it were me and I had another spot to hunt that I thought would be productive...I would choose hunting!

If there was an area close to where you think you may have left it that you could hunt in the same trip, then I would consider going back to the tree to check. I am limited on my hunting time though, so I would most likely opt for the choice of hunting a productive area and check on the holder some other time. Maybe on a scouting trip or something.

X2
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:41 am

I hate losing good gear...
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

That just reminded me. I was hunting in NE Iowa in 2006 left my bow holder up in a tree. I was using a Lone wolf hand climber (never liked that stand) at the time. Instead of going back and getting it, I changed locations and never did hunt that area again that year. This spring I was doing some scouting and saw my bow holder up in the tree. I got it back after 6 years. Still in ok shape. I use the Gorilla bow holders, so I now have 3 of them. I have tried some cheesy bow holders that won't screw in and break off if you can get them in. That is why I like the gorilla bow holder. I would wait until you are back in the area get it back, preferably after season.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:59 am

Hunting it is...

Stan, if youve never tried a cranford bow holder, if you ever need another one try one. They are every bit as great as their steps. They go into the tree with such ease that I cant believe I didnt find this product years ago.

If my name meant anything in hunting, I would put my name on it for free. Its without a doubt the best piece of equipment under $20 I have ever owned.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm

If I REALLY like a piece of hunting gear I will buy at least one more just to be sure I will always have it available. I would go hunting and not waste precious time looking for a $14 easily replacable item. But, I would also order three more of them ASAP because I gauranty it will be discontinued soon!
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:26 pm

I hear ya I just lost my new flashlight second time out. Can't seem to ever loose the lights I don't like though.
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:50 am

I'd just go hunting and pick up the hanger when you go back in that area for something.

I left my EZ hook and hang laying at the base of my tree last weekend...Took a 2 mile round trip walk at noon this past weekend to go get it. In the meantime, I had to put my offset bracket back on and now I might just leave it on...LOL
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:17 am

jlh42581 wrote:Hunting it is...

Stan, if youve never tried a cranford bow holder, if you ever need another one try one. They are every bit as great as their steps. They go into the tree with such ease that I cant believe I didnt find this product years ago.

If my name meant anything in hunting, I would put my name on it for free. Its without a doubt the best piece of equipment under $20 I have ever owned.

Can you post a picture of what it looks like? I do agree the steps are the best.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
binney59
500 Club

Unread postby binney59 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am

[/quote]

Can you post a picture of what it looks like? I do agree the steps are the best.[/quote]

x2. The only ones I see online look like small screw in pegs- is that correct? You speak high enough about them that you have me intrigued!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”