You can use trail cameras on public in WI now.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatorTC
500 Club

You can use trail cameras on public in WI now.

Unread postby PredatorTC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:30 am

I'm not sure if this was discussed on here this summer, but I know that you could not use trail cameras on public last year. I talked to a warden yesterday and he said they changed that law this year and that you can. He said to just make sure to put my customer ID number on the camera. Did you guys know that this was changed?

Dewey

Re: You can use trail cameras on public in WI now.

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 am

Is it just your customer I.D.#? I thought also you had to have your full name and address on your camera.

Using just the I.D.# would be cool because I am not too keen on having my name and address on my cameras advertising my hunting areas.
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:23 am

I was sure glad when they changed it so you could use you're customer I.D# on trap tags. I always hated having my name and everything on there for the anti's to get a hold of and burn down my house or something, them people are freakin crazy I got attacked with sticks when I was 12 by them nut jobs when I showed up at the fur buyer while they where protesting. So needless to say I think it was a smart move on the DNR's part
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 am

Looks like you can use either your I.D. # or your address but are not required to have both. 8-)

http://dnr.wi.gov/about/nrb/2012/may/05-12-3b1.pdf

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:38 am

i feel this is one of the worst ideas ever, its kind of the same idea as laying $200 on the sidewalk and expecting nobody to walk off with it. IMO its going to be a burden on the DNR with all the time they will spend dealing with stolen cams.
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 am

Good deal.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:48 am

[tab=30]
whitetail007 wrote:i feel this is one of the worst ideas ever, its kind of the same idea as laying $200 on the sidewalk and expecting nobody to walk off with it. IMO its going to be a burden on the DNR with all the time they will spend dealing with stolen cams.

The DNR will just tell you to contact your local police department.The same way the DNR deals with trespassers.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm

whitetail007 wrote:i feel this is one of the worst ideas ever, its kind of the same idea as laying $200 on the sidewalk and expecting nobody to walk off with it. IMO its going to be a burden on the DNR with all the time they will spend dealing with stolen cams.

A rep told me that there is a camera coming out for 2013 that will have a GPS in it so that it can be tracked. ;)
Chasman

Unread postby Chasman » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:45 pm

I have used them for awhile, did not know there was any law saying I could'nt on public. My only concern was theft. I would put them out on Monday and pull them on Friday. I know I seen many of Cuddebacks and the like that I would walk by.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”