Dealing with your job during hunting season.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

backstraps

Re: Dealing with your job during hunting season.

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:44 pm

This morning.....

I JUST WALKED IN AND QUIT MY JOB AFTER ALMOST 21 YEARS SO I COULD HUNT THIS SEASON!!

Then I woke up punching the alarm clock, got in the shower and headed off to work! :think:

Scot
500 Club

Unread postby Scot » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm

One afternoon a week and weekends for archery season. 10 days off during rifle season and every weekend up to almost Christmas.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
straitnarrow

Unread postby straitnarrow » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:54 pm

I work four 10's wich gives me 3 day weekends. But this year has been different my son is due the 24th of this month so I have been tied down at home. But I can't complain I'm lucky enough to have a woman (pregnant at that) that let's me out every now and then lol. But the 6 weeks of that the FMLA give me unpaid is looking pretty good right about now haha. I only have 40 hours of vacation left so I think I'm gonna split it into 2 weeks and try to get out a few times in the afternoon......maybe.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bobby G
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:49 pm

backstraps wrote:This morning.....

I JUST WALKED IN AND QUIT MY JOB AFTER ALMOST 21 YEARS SO I COULD HUNT THIS SEASON!!

Then I woke up punching the alarm clock, got in the shower and headed off to work! :think:

I was just going to say you are my idol backstraps!! :doh:

If my wife would give me the O.K. I would quit tomorrow! Good thing she has the common sense! :lol:

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
bobabuoy

Unread postby bobabuoy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:20 am

adding young kids to the equation is even more difficult. The wife is none too happy when I go out hunting to leave her with the two kids after we have both worked a full week.
outfishin_
Facebook: ben.jackson.1441@facebook.com

Unread postby outfishin_ » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Pretty fortunate here.... I have a job where I get 4 weeks vacation every year. I take 2 with the family and 2 for bow hunting. Plus I can turn my OT into comp-time off. I have Tuesday's /Wednesday's off. I have my daughter on those days..I take her to and from school...leaving me mid day hunts if I go out. My current shift is 9am-to 530pm. ugh!! Add a half hour commute to home and or to woods..no time during the week to hunt. I don't hunt early in the bow season...too warm for me. I do hunt hard for two weeks leading up to the rut...usually tagging out. I miss my 4am to 1230pm shift this year...
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:48 am

I save all my vacation and sick time - hunt weekends and try to pick some good days extra to hunt during the week.

When I worked real close to a public management area, I was able to hunt everynight after work. That was nice.
Josh

Unread postby Josh » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:36 am

I work for a state highway department. I get about 150 hours of vacation and about 150 hours of sick leave each year, and rather then take pay for my over time i work I take comp time usually from plowing snow. So I get a lot of time off each year and That is why I chose this job. I am very lucky to have so much time to dedicate to hunting and have a wife and kids that are very supportive about me spending so much time hunting! I am living the American dream :D

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”