Great minds think alike... (singing bridge)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Bigdaddy-yoyo
500 Club

Re: Great minds think alike... (singing bridge)

Unread postby Bigdaddy-yoyo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 pm

PredatorTC wrote:I cant wait to learn his orange glove trick. Should be interesting!

You got me here.........SB what's the orange glove trick?

And Brad.......I hope that Buck is a Big boy, that will make that smoke all the better :D

Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 am

sweet!

you guys get on any deer??
You can't kill em on the couch
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:39 am

Brandon wrote:sweet!

you guys get on any deer??

just one !!
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:25 am

Tadmdad wrote:Have to agree .....was also impressed. But would have to say that I also picked out my own spot, just it was a little closer to the Crown Royal.

Would like to say that TWISTED minds think alike also.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

:lol: Tony, you are a buck killing machine of the finest order... enjoyed your response.

btw, I think you and Magic have that same "crazed" look sometimes! :mrgreen:
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 am

Bigdaddy-yoyo wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:I cant wait to learn his orange glove trick. Should be interesting!

You got me here.........SB what's the orange glove trick?

When I locate a buck bed that I am interested in hunting, I place an orange glove or hat onto a stick right in the bucks' bed at head height on a bedded deer. Sometimes I take an expandable rod with me and put the orange glove on it instead of a stick... but anyway I will then walk the bucks entry and exit trails and look back at that orange glove to see what I can get away with. When I pick trees for hunting I will often go up with my sticks and look back at that orange glove again- I don't want to get picked off while getting on stand. I want to get as close as I can without him hearing / seeing / smelling me and that glove shows me right where the bedded buck is.

When walking around the various trails associated with the buck bed, the heavy cover I encounter can make seeing the bucks' exact bedded position very difficult. That orange glove stands out like a beacon, and when I can see it I know the buck can likely see me.

I use this trick primarily during off-season scouting and stand site selection.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:23 am

Great tip SB! I tried it out this spring and it was a big time eye opener.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:39 am

Singing Bridge wrote:When I locate a buck bed that I am interested in hunting, I place an orange glove or hat onto a stick right in the bucks' bed at head height on a bedded deer. Sometimes I take an expandable rod with me and put the orange glove on it instead of a stick... but anyway I will then walk the bucks entry and exit trails and look back at that orange glove to see what I can get away with. When I pick trees for hunting I will often go up with my sticks and look back at that orange glove again- I don't want to get picked off while getting on stand. I want to get as close as I can without him hearing / seeing / smelling me and that glove shows me right where the bedded buck is.

When walking around the various trails associated with the buck bed, the heavy cover I encounter can make seeing the bucks' exact bedded position very difficult. That orange glove stands out like a beacon, and when I can see it I know the buck can likely see me.

I use this trick primarily during off-season scouting and stand site selection.
Good stuff SB!! I'll have to remember this.
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:57 am

Awesome tip Bridge!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
kwaldeier
500 Club

Unread postby kwaldeier » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:16 am

Very good tip!!
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:35 am

Wow great tip.... Man I wish I would of talked more at the get together. I was just trying to pickup little details about tactics more then talking.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
NatureBoy
500 Club

Unread postby NatureBoy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:20 am

dan wrote:Great minds think alike... (singing bridge)

You ok with that SB, I mean Dan comparing himself to you and all...? ;)

Love the "orange glove" tip btw! Looking forward to giving it go.
Scout, scout, scout, hunt
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:37 am

dan wrote:
DEERSLAYER wrote:
dan wrote:I invited the pro-staff, mod's, and testers, over for a hunt over the weekend... Singing Bridge was the only guy who picked his own spots. I was pretty impressed when given a map of a large swamp that is about 3 miles across, he picked 3 spots, and to my amazement, it was the same top three spots I had picked out of that same swamp almost right down to the tree...

Dan, I did not know or expect that you were going to put me or anyone else in your spots (I also picked my own spots). I thought this was more of a meet and greet where you were letting us stay on your place so we could also hunt a couple days, but since you offered I thought it would be cool and fun to sit in one of your spots and see what it could produce. Not to mention having much better odds due to the obvious disadvantage of my never having set foot on Wisconsin soil. I felt privileged and appreciative that you were willing to do this, but if I come back there this year you do not need to hold my hand. I am quite capable of picking my own spots and have been for many years.

I know you came prepared with some spots in mind.... Didn't mean to make it sound like you or anyone needed my help. I figured you would get in more than one hunt, and thought it would be a nice gesture for you to hunt over one of the plots you helped design and supplied seed for as a thanks... You still got that tag. Come back anytime.

It was a nice gesture (very nice) that I did and still do appreciate (very much so). I guess I just took your post the wrong way. In fact I especially appreciate you taking me to the farm. I know Dave doesn't let anyone else go out there so please give him a BIG thank you from me. I think it was awesome of you to be willing to set people in your good spots. It's just to bad it wasn't about 20*-30* cooler. I sure enjoyed getting out there. Once I got settled in and cooled off a little I felt better (keeping pace with you can warm up a guy! :P ).

I look forward to coming back and filling some tags. 8-)

Oh, and yes, SB knows his stuff! I could tell that quite a while back from reading his posts. If Brad and BH or anybody else want to learn more from him I would suggest reading SB's old posts if they haven't already.

Good tip on the orange glove trick SB. 8-)
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 am

NatureBoy wrote:
dan wrote:Great minds think alike... (singing bridge)

You ok with that SB, I mean Dan comparing himself to you and all...? ;)

I'll take it! ;)
Singing Bridge
500 Club

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 am

BigHunt wrote:Wow great tip.... Man I wish I would of talked more at the get together. I was just trying to pickup little details about tactics more then talking.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Tyler, I have you and Brad to thank for showing me your enthusiasm for deer hunting... I can't get enough of that, it keeps me rolling. 8-)
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 am

The orange glove trick just got added to the notebook, that one will be used for sure! Awesome tip!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”