Whats was the moon doing to the deer this morning?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PredatorTC
500 Club

Whats was the moon doing to the deer this morning?

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:38 am

I checked multiple cameras today and it I had more deer in daylight photos out in the fields this morning that most other mornings. Does anyone know what the moon charts are saying about this morning.

I have had a target buck cutting into a swamp in a spot where I have been getting photos consistently almost every morning. Its usually an hour to a half hour b4 light. This morning he came through in questionable legal shooting lite for the first time. By the looks of the moon can I plan on setting up tomorrow where I'm getting photos of him and expect that he will be even later? Else I know three diff bedding areas that he is heading to and I could pick one and if he does hit that one I should have plenty of shooting light. Any advice is great! What would you do and whats the moon doing?

dreaming bucks

Re: Whats was the moon doing to the deer this morning?

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 am

Not sure if this helps you or not, but my chart says moon transit ( overhead ) at 8:53 pm..... so usually underfoot is around 12 1/2 hours later, which would put it underfoot at around 9:25 A.M.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:55 am

PredatorTC wrote:I checked multiple cameras today and it I had more deer in daylight photos out in the fields this morning that most other mornings. Does anyone know what the moon charts are saying about this morning.

I have had a target buck cutting into a swamp in a spot where I have been getting photos consistently almost every morning. Its usually an hour to a half hour b4 light. This morning he came through in questionable legal shooting lite for the first time. By the looks of the moon can I plan on setting up tomorrow where I'm getting photos of him and expect that he will be even later? Else I know three diff bedding areas that he is heading to and I could pick one and if he does hit that one I should have plenty of shooting light. Any advice is great! What would you do and whats the moon doing?

If DB's moon time is correct, the underfoot moon time will be about an hour later tommorrow morning. so it would be about 10:30. You would want the moon time to be closser to sunrise, for it to keep him getting to his bed a little later. So tommorrow would not be an ideal am moontime.
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 am

Black Squirrel wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:I checked multiple cameras today and it I had more deer in daylight photos out in the fields this morning that most other mornings. Does anyone know what the moon charts are saying about this morning.

If DB's moon time is correct, the underfoot moon time will be about an hour later tommorrow morning. so it would be about 10:30. You would want the moon time to be closser to sunrise, for it to keep him getting to his bed a little later. So tommorrow would not be an ideal am moontime.

hmmmmmmm ok, my thought is that I need to hunt him now while he is still on a pattern. Ill have to do some brainstorming the rest of today.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:24 am

Oct 7 be in a tree that morning ....That's the first real good moon morning of the season. Moon will be overhead at 653 am or so. That is a Sunday morning . Kill him!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:12 am

Morning should have been good according to the moon chart. The cold front didn't hurt anything either.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:19 am

33 degrees yest AM helped ;)
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:41 pm

Bucky wrote:33 degrees yest AM helped ;)

thanks, your right. Im going to hold off. wednesday morning will be cooler. Maybe I will spot from the distance

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”