Deer movement early tonight

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Re: Deer movement early tonight

Unread postby Brad » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:06 pm

I missed a decent 8 pointer tonight at 6:45 PM, I seldom ever see bucks before the last 15 minutes of shooting time, kind of a treat seeing them in daylight! I was a skeptic about the moon but from what I have seen and read in the past 3 days I am 100% convinced!

GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 pm

The moon phase and the combination of the cooler weather = great movement. I watched several fields the past two evenings. Saw about 15 deer Friday eve, and 25 last evening, one nice buck, all in cut corn early. Cant wait till Oct 1st! My urban zone spots are lame.
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:42 am

Brad are talking the moon on Friday night? The first deer movement was at 5pm a doe that came out of the cattails. Then at 5:25 a nice buck walked out to far in the cattails. And then at 7pm missed a nice buck, thats another story. I have to find the moon times again.
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 am

I believe there is defiantly something to the moon phase and deer movement, I've seen it many times. But I don't base my hunting on it as far as weather to hunt or not..
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:40 am

Badger wrote:I believe there is defiantly something to the moon phase and deer movement, I've seen it many times. But I don't base my hunting on it as far as weather to hunt or not..

i agree 100% i believe in the moon movement but, either way if its good or not im hunting :twisted:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:39 am

BigHunt wrote:
Badger wrote:I believe there is defiantly something to the moon phase and deer movement, I've seen it many times. But I don't base my hunting on it as far as weather to hunt or not..

i agree 100% i believe in the moon movement but, either way if its good or not im hunting :twisted:

I agree to a point... But burning a great spot to hunt a bad day is probably not a great idea. A well thought out plan and some patience to hunt the right spot at the right time puts antler on the wall. Some spots you can only get so close, some you can get right on top of the bedded buck. If you need to hunt 150 yards back from his bed, burning that spot when he rises 15 minutes before closing don't help you much... Yep, hunt every day you can, but play the weather, the moon, the wind, the food sources, and the timing with patience. Hunt smart rather than more...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”