In Season Stand Prep Near Bed...Will I Scare off Buck?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

AB_Vinny

In Season Stand Prep Near Bed...Will I Scare off Buck?

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:44 am

Following my previous thread I hunted near a dry marsh and a buck strolled near but my view/shot was blocked since I was not close enough to the dry marsh to see into it. I was in a tree that was along a field so I wouldn't make too much noise. Now that I know I need to go in deeper and the buck is actually in there is it possible to bust into the bedroom, set up a stand and cut a walking path so I can approach quietly? I was thinking of driving a quad right into the dry marsh to make as much noise as possible. My only concern is that he may not come back this season (I wish I would have known this location in the spring).

Jdub

Re: In Season Stand Prep Near Bed...Will I Scare off Buck?

Unread postby Jdub » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 am

Thats a tough one. The philosophy I always follow is less is more, and during the season this is 10 fold. If it were me, I think I'd wait for a windy or rainy day to hunt the spot so that your entrance noise is masked.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:05 am

i would not personally.
You can't kill em on the couch
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 am

Jdub wrote:Thats a tough one. The philosophy I always follow is less is more, and during the season this is 10 fold. If it were me, I think I'd wait for a windy or rainy day to hunt the spot so that your entrance noise is masked.

X2
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:20 pm

I would sneak in and set up and shoot the buck the same day while he is bedded there... It rarely works to get near his bed and make a commotion and then kill him another day. Sometimes... But usually stealth kills the buck.
AB_Vinny

Unread postby AB_Vinny » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:53 am

Ok good posts on here. Point taken. Looks like I only have one shot at this and that is hunting the same day I set up otherwise the buck will pattern me.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”