tonights hunt... Storm front bucks.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

jonsimoneau
500 Club

Re: tonights hunt... Storm front bucks.

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Not trying to be critical of anyone on this site..but I am a little suprised by the "use a peep sight" or "use this or that" comments. Try telling Barry Wensel to use a compound bow. , if you really wanna be more efficient use a rifle! I hear dynamite is particularly devastating! It's bowhunting. Its tough and it should be. Sounds to me like Dan did his homework, got in on an early season buck on public land and took a more than reasonable shot. Then it rained. The deer was not recovered. It happens. Dan is obviously not a newbie to this game. Also keep in mind that he CHOSE to tell us about how this hunt unfolded on a public forum for the benefit of all who frequent here. He did not have to do that and I bet most of the "pro's" very rarely do that. I sincerely doubt you need reassurance from people on the internet Dan but I cannot find one thing you did wrong. All I see is what you did right and I applaud your effort.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:07 pm

Dabowhunter wrote:Sorry to hear this Dan. You know I have been contemplating getting a dog to train for tracking for some time. Being color blind I always have to take my time and get low to see blood. [glow=red]Curious as to why this buck did not bed down. Were there other hunters in the area?[/glow]

Good question and one thats been on my mind too... The blood trail doubled back, and its possible that it bedded in the area I left thru, and maybe I kicked it up. But if thats the case, I never found the bed.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:21 pm

Youll find another one, sucks but it happens.

Where people tend to catch flack is when they lie from the beginning. "I made a 10 ring shot on that buck and saw him go down, so I jumped out of the stand and did the 100 yard dash but when I got to 80 he jumped off and left, what should I do?"

Thats when the claws come out! You told it how it was from the get go, big difference.

I think its awesome that you share what you have shared with us over the years from the forums to the videos. I can say without a doubt when I think of the two best whitetail hunters in the world I think of you and andrae. When people ask, who would you choose to hunt with and they start naming off tv nimrods, you two are always and likely will always be my first response.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:23 am

Dan you are all class!!! I appreciate everything you do when it comes to hunting!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”