Hill Country Question

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DropTyne
500 Club

Hill Country Question

Unread postby DropTyne » Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 pm

If you found a buck bed on the eastern side of the hill which he would bed in when the wind was coming from the west, and he had trails and tracks entering and leaving that same bed from the north and south will he leave the bed with the wind slightly in his face? IE: North West wind leave bed to the north, South West wind leave bed head south? Any idea on this? I've got one shot at this bed and I wanna try to make it count, found his bed, saw entrances to bed, I've even got trail cam pics of him, unfortunatly on the days that I have pics I don't know how the wind was blowing, I just started recording this recently. Any input?

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
3dog

Re: Hill Country Question

Unread postby 3dog » Mon May 31, 2010 1:52 am

"unfortunatly on the days that I have pics I don't know how the wind was blowing,"

go to www.wunderground.com and type in your zip code. Sroll down about a full page and on the left hand side you'll see a small box labeled "weather history", type in the date in question and you'll see wind directions for that day. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”