Our opener...

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pullintoobs
500 Club

Our opener...

Unread postby Pullintoobs » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:03 pm

My daughter and I went out tonight for an evening sit. Had 2 bucks coming in and one of them picked me off in the tree...Good thing we had a good wind. They never spooked but one just looked and looked head bobbin for about 5 minutes. I left my bow at home and took the video camera hoping for her to get some action. I forgot my facemask and think that is why he seen me. They slowly turned and worked their way in the other direction. I think it was a pretty decent 8 pointer and a small 6 that have been hanging together all summer. While they were there I completely spaced off the camera! I was more worried about getting her in position I think. I gotta remember to use that darn cam! Hopefully they will come out again since they really showed no sign of spooking besides the stare down. I think she is hooked after tonight!

An unforseen future...Nestled somewhere in time
backstraps

Re: Our opener...

Unread postby backstraps » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Good to have deer on ya. Glad they didnt spook, and hopefully they will return for a second chance for your daughter!
Uncle Lou

Re: Our opener...

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:11 pm

That is pretty cool
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”