My sisters dog attacked by doe!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

My sisters dog attacked by doe!

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 pm

My sister's dog, a golden retriever, found a fawn hidden along side the road. He grabbed the fawn and the doe came after him. She started hitting him with her hooves and he let go of the fawn and ran away. It would have been neat to get that on video! I believe the fawn was not injured.

solocam88
500 Club

Re: My sisters dog attacked by doe!

Unread postby solocam88 » Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

last summer my buddy was push mowing grass and something clobbered him from behind. He slammed his face off of the mower handle and when he rolled back over he saw a tail bounding away. Had to have been a doe protecting a fawn. Ended up with a bloody nose and a big gash in the back of his head. :lol:
Hilts

Unread postby Hilts » Fri May 28, 2010 11:26 pm

As if mowing lawn isn't bad enough... :)
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:22 am

ummm... probably shouldn't mention this but yeah, doe's are very protective of their fawns. They are pretty fearless and will attack pretty much anything at this time of the year- including young hunters on ATV's that get too close to the doe/fawn bedding areas on purpose. They could care less that you are on a moving/loud ATV, they attack. I've seen it many times, with does chasing me for up to a quarter of a mile with a terrified buddy on the back of the Honda three-wheeler (no quads back then)... er, some other kid I meant. :oops:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”