Found a really nice neat Lunar Calendar

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BJE80

Found a really nice neat Lunar Calendar

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:51 am

I know Dan posted all of the good days for hunting mornings or afternoons based on the moon. But I wanted to share a clean looking, easy to use table that shows both moon under foot and in Transit. Most calendars I have found only show tranist. So you can use Dan's info as well but now you can quickly see what times to make sure your in your stand during the rut. Just passing the word for those of you that use this type of info. I printed out out all four months of hunting season and will keep at home and at camp for reference.

http://www.huntfishsport.com/web.aspx?cmd=calendar

rizzo999
500 Club

Re: Found a really nice neat Lunar Calendar

Unread postby rizzo999 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:07 am

That is interesting that it is predicting "excellent" activity mid-day for the WI deer opener this Saturday. I've never hunted mid-day during the early season. Anyone been successful mid-day early season?
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:14 am

rizzo999 wrote:That is interesting that it is predicting "excellent" activity mid-day for the WI deer opener this Saturday. I've never hunted mid-day during the early season. Anyone been successful mid-day early season?

I think the thing to keep in mind is that this is a hunting and fishing calendar. It's only predicting the excellent times based on the moon and no other factors. So like Dan said in the moon thread, when the moon is in transit or underfoot during the first or last hour of daylight those are the good days. Now during the rut I would make sure my but is in a stand during the times of the time it shows here not matter if it was the middle of the day or not.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:35 am

I found that calender a while back but it's not showing correct sunrise and sunset for my area. Are you showing correct times.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:45 am

Swampthing wrote:I found that calender a while back but it's not showing correct sunrise and sunset for my area. Are you showing correct times.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Did you change the location to be correct? It also says at the bottom it does not factor daylight savings time. Was it an hour off?

Edit: I just checked it and it came out correct for me. But is shows an hour off while DLS is in effect.
Last edited by BJE80 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:47 am

This is all I go by anymore, and it's free online.......... shows the moon transit, and sunrise or sunset for each and every day..... just punch in your zipcode, and you can look up any day you want, past or present.....
http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:50 am

dreaming bucks wrote:This is all I go by anymore, and it's free online.......... shows the moon transit, and sunrise or sunset for each and every day..... just punch in your zipcode, and you can look up any day you want, past or present.....

That doesn't show moon underfoot. Which is the issue I have with every other calendar.

I also like how the one I posted shows it in a calendar view instead of having to punch in every day separately.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:55 am

BJE80 wrote:
dreaming bucks wrote:This is all I go by anymore, and it's free online.......... shows the moon transit, and sunrise or sunset for each and every day..... just punch in your zipcode, and you can look up any day you want, past or present.....

That doesn't show moon underfoot. Which is the issue I have with every other calendar.

Moon underfoot is appox 12 1/2 hours later from overhead, is the way I understand the whole concept.....
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:57 am

dreaming bucks wrote:
BJE80 wrote:

Moon underfoot is appox 12 1/2 hours later from overhead, is the way I understand the whole concept.....

That's fine if that is correct. I'm just saying it's all there in one chart for the entire month on one sheet. I printed out the entire season in 4 sheets.
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:01 am

That actually does not appear to be the case from what I am seeing. Looks like it varies.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:05 am

What I don't understand though is.......... On your chart it says most of those days that the moon underfoot is only a few hours different than the moon overhead ( transit ). I thought I read somewhere on here before that the moon underfoot is usually always right around 12 1/2 hours later, which would make sense for the most part because it's half a day...... but now after reading your chart it has me wondering...... hmmmm can anyone chime in about the whole underfoot / overhead thing ? Seems like Black squirrel knew his stuff about this topic....
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:12 am

dreaming bucks wrote:What I don't understand though is.......... On your chart it says most of those days that the moon underfoot is only a few hours different than the moon overhead ( transit ). I thought I read somewhere on here before that the moon underfoot is usually always right around 12 1/2 hours later, which would make sense for the most part because it's half a day...... but now after reading your chart it has me wondering...... hmmmm can anyone chime in about the whole underfoot / overhead thing ? Seems like Black squirrel knew his stuff about this topic....

Would like to know this myself. Would be a bummer if this chart was not accurate since I really like the format. I just checked a few sunries, sun set times and moon transit times and they all seemed to be accurate once you add an hour for DLS.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:13 am

I stumbled on this one this morning, a little different listing blocks of time to hunt but they hit most or all of dans moon days. However it doesn't list overhead or underfoot times which I like to know.
http://www.huntingthemoon.com/2012-moon-days/
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:20 am

dreaming bucks wrote:What I don't understand though is.......... On your chart it says most of those days that the moon underfoot is only a few hours different than the moon overhead ( transit ). I thought I read somewhere on here before that the moon underfoot is usually always right around 12 1/2 hours later, which would make sense for the most part because it's half a day...... but now after reading your chart it has me wondering...... hmmmm can anyone chime in about the whole underfoot / overhead thing ? Seems like Black squirrel knew his stuff about this topic....

I've tried a bunch of sites and put up their data against the moon guide and stuff never seems to match up, even being off as far as 3-4 hours so I just trust the days Dan posts until I find a nice accurate calendar.
BJE80

Unread postby BJE80 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:26 am

Okay I just started researching on google and found this site.

http://weather.tbo.com/us/wi/wausau/solunar.html#

All of the times appear to match up really well except for the moon under foot.

I would agree and trust this chart more because it makes more sense to me since it does the underfoot times to be ~12 hours different.

Until I hear otherwise I'll use this one since it shows the entire month as well.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”