Ready to see some Beast kills!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Gardner Swamp
500 Club

Re: Ready to see some Beast kills!

Unread postby Gardner Swamp » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:I'm eager to see some Beast kills too...

But I'm much more eager to set foot in the woods personally, with my season open and bow in hand. I know there are many Beast members that feel the same way- and many big bucks are in trouble because of it- early season or not! 8-)

magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:02 pm

I just hoping to be able to sneak out a few times before the rut. Way too much work...... bummer.
bigbob

Unread postby bigbob » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 pm

I know for a fact that I am looking forward to the iowa season starting oct. 1st. I have located a good number of mature bucks but unfortunately I am not going to be relying on what I would consider beast tactics in the fact that I am not bed hunting these bucks. I did not find this sight, or the farms with these bucks, until summer so I will be relying on my usual more "rut based tactics" this fall. Regardless, I have learned may good tips on in season scouting, scent control, thermals, entry/exit strategies and stand hanging. Not to mention tips to make my lone wolf setup a "black hole"

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”